Tuesday 9 January 2024

From MarkB: 6mm American Infantry for the War of 1812 [History Section] (144 points)

 Hi again!

Well after being sick for a week after Christmas I have been back to painting again. 
So for today's installment I will show you the 248 6mm American Infantry that I have painted up for a War of 1812 project that me and a friend are working on this year. I am painting up the US Forces and you will see much more from this project as time goes on.






These are all Baccus 6mm British that I have painted to represent the troops from General Scott's brigade at the Battle of Chippawa in 1814. There are 4 Regiments in Scott's brigade and with the rules that we are going to use for the battles there are 7 stands for the 9th, 22nd, and 25th Infantry and 10 stands for the 11th US Infantry Regiment. 






Each stand has 8 miniatures on them so it is a lot of 6mm miniatures in this first batch of miniatures for this project.


So for the scoring:

248 x 6MM Infantry =124 points

History section bonus = 20

Total of =144 points.


I hope you are all doing well in the New Year and I hope to have some more miniatures painted up for you all soon!


More 6mm goodness, we are getting spoiled today. And something different as far as the subject is concerned as well, very nice. The War of 1812 is often a bit overshadowed by the events in Continental Europe, but it is one of the charms of the Challenge that it can and will bring us all something new now and then! Brigadier Winfield Scott may be of heard again, I think. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this project, Mark, but you really should tell us what rules you are going to use instead of tantalizingly alluding to them! 144 points for you.

Martijn

14 comments:

  1. There are quite a lot painted minis today. :)
    Those area great, Mark, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a satisfaction of all those ranked troops. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Great to see some 1812 units in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see these i did a 15mm British Canadian force a couple of challenges ago in 15mm never got around to the US side. But having seen the work you have done on these figures from Baccus i might attempt them. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Canadian, I feel I should know a lot more about this war...anyway, these figures look great, excellent work on the little chaps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The War of 1812 is a great period and your troops look super en masse! I wonder if you've ever thought of trying a light wash on them to bring out some more of the detail without having to shade and highlight?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice, I love the look of massed 6mm figures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work Mark. They look absolutely terrific all massed together. I'm with Dallas on the idea of a light wash. I've done this with my sub 15mm stuff and it works quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the 6mm stuff today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lots more detail on these than I expected. Nice bright painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, big units in this scale are the way to go 👍

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look so good all ranked up together, I hope you are feeling much better

    ReplyDelete