Monday 19 February 2024

From SanderS: A futuristic take on the Maritime Theme (33 points)

 Hoi,

And so we wander into the Maritime Department of the Library. Now I do not have any real blue navy vessels to paint in my collection at the moment, but I did have a few space SHIPs to paint as part of a commission.  So I guess these will have to do, even if it is only a small entry this week while working on a bigger entry for next week. 

The vessels you see here are part of the Space Dreadnought 3000 range made by Kalistra. The game is a very strategic game rather than the usual tatcical games, there's a big part of the game in which you have to deploy your fleets (= nautical term) and supply vessels etc, before fighting out big battles in space. 

The pictures below show a Deep Space station which I have painted (as per instruction of the client) in a generic way so it could belong to either faction or be neutral. 





 Next up are 3 pirate vessels which are rather "organic" in nature (think Tyranid Bio-ships) and I painted them in the colours specified by the client (i.e. green, yellow and white). 





I must confess that I like the space station best and really had fun doing all the lights, glass domes and other bobs and bits. 

Regarding to points I have no idea what to score them, my browser doesn't show the lables for Challenge entries on the righthand side of the main page anymore so I couldn't look them up. But I guess I would go for 10 points for the station and 3 each for the smaller craft so 19 points together. That coupled with 20 bonus points would make 39 more to add to the roster. I guess it's up to our masterful monday minion to decide! 


Cheers Sander


Not really your usual masterful minion, but it's Monday Martijn for you I fear. Those spacecraft look fabulous, Sander! The yellow is great, and the all the little details on the Space Station really pop. Excellent work and your client should be well pleased with them. However, I feel the link with the Maritime section is just a little too tenuous for me. There is very little wet or offshore about these models, in the spirit of the Library section, and placing these on the shelves here would definitely get me a reprimand from the Head Librarian. To soften the blow a bit, however, having checked the dimensions I will score the smaller craft as 10mm vehicles at 6 points each and the space station as a 20mm vehicle at 15 points for a total of 33 points. Well done Sander!

Martijn

P.S. don't forget to mark your draft post "Monday", in case you get to deal with a replacement minion who could easily have overlooked it ;-)

28 comments:

  1. Excellent wee space vessels Sander. I enjoy the bright colors and the unusual design of all. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Bruce, it is definitely something else from my usual fare ;-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely work here. I like the highlighting on the bubbles on the station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I had a lot of fun painting them!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful work Sander. I really like your use of colour with the raw metallics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great stuff Sander. Especially the look on those organic fighters and the variety in the glass/metallics on the station

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are great spaceships Sander

    ReplyDelete
  6. they just look so cool Sanders I'd collect the minis simply because you've made them look amazing love the yellow actually love everything about them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they are still on sale so what's keeping you eh?! ;-p

      Delete
  7. @Martijn: thanks for clearing up the points question!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent looking space station and nice ships!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete