Monday 11 March 2024

From SanderS: Post 2 - A Gift of sorts! (90 points)

 Hoi,

Now don't keep me up on this, but I am 99% sure this will be my last Library post. With the end of the Challenge well in sight I think I might have one more post after this one in me, but that will not be a Library post. As my first post today has seen me enter the Wilds and do some tree-hugging I am now ready to enter the Gift Shop and have painted something up for my good friend Martijn. 

While on holiday in Norway he bought a Dungeon Bowl expansion featuring the team of Elves and Halflings I have shown you all earlier this Challenge but also a mixed Undead team. I finally got round to painting it. 








That isn't all, at the school where I work we have a laser cutter, and on it my mate Mark and I designed and made a wooden box that takes a Feldherr foam tray for the Blitz Bowl game. So now we have a convenient way to carry a team, cards and dice. We made an extra box and so I can present Martijn with this team in a nice box.

There's 14 figures in the team and that should be good for 70 points, I am not counting the nick-nacks like the markers and ball tokens. With the gift shop bonus that's another 90 points for the counter.

Let's hope that I get time to paint enough for one more post... See you next time!

 Sylvain: What a nice gift! I'm sure Martijn will be pleased. The carrying box really adds a personal touch. My gift to you is a very well deserved 90 points!

22 comments:

  1. Great looking team. The box is a really cool addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice team and a beautiful box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I really liked the colourscheme which came right out of the book

      Delete
  3. Lovely work. Totally jealous of your access to a lazer cutter. I love the smell of lazer cut mdf in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so right, it's a scent they should put in a scented candle don't you think?

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking team and a great box!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work Sander! The deadun's make a wonderful team - probably not too fast, but I imagine quite difficult to take down. :) Lovely bespoke box as well - very posh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no experience against undead but your analyses seems fair. I forgot to take pictures of the inside of the box and will rectify that later on.

      Delete
  6. What a fine gift Sander, great painting and the box really is the finishing touch. My namesake is a lucky man!

    ReplyDelete