Monday 13 February 2017

AdamC- High Class civilians, the Royal Flautist and Ruffians (61 points)

 This is a set of Brigade Game figures given to me as Christmas gift.  A very nice set for background color on the table.
 The Great lady herself in her finery with purse and fan in hand ready to go shopping or perhaps under take a secret mission for some hidden agent
 The bows gave me a little something to work with in terms of contrast using two different shades of violet.
 I'm pleased with the fan and I think the Persian rug print out came out well for the bases.
 Her servantes.  Clearly these guys are in a livery, I did orange waist coats green breaches and coats with Yellow facings.  I used Dark Gray as a "Lace" color on the facings and cuffs.
 Rear view or the same men not much to add.
 We have one more waling to or from work or perhaps follow her ladyship when she goes out
 You can get a realy nice look at his cuffs on this shot.  These are great sculpts my only wish is that the company made some dynamic version where they fellows had grabbed weapons to defend the house.
 So this figure has already made an appearance as the opening post of the challenge by the Snow Lord himself. Here is my interpretation.  The miniatures is from Eureka
 I wanted to give the impression of the player (Friedrich the Great) was on a marble tiled floor and I am fairly pleased with the results.
Close up on the floor and the two dogs.
 Two more Brigade Games figures from the Town Militia set.  The follow on the left is a great background character a town crier.  The one on the right is very much armed and ready and should be a nice addition to a pirate crew or group of clubmen
 These three Ner'do'wells are from Crusader minatures they call them the "wild rovers"
 In the center we have a favorite of mine a short rotund fellow.  He's not quite a dwarf in his proportions but he's close.  I feel he isn't really the sort who drinks and knows things but I think he does know how to hit things.  He's also a case in point that the wrong sort of people wear open vests.
 One could make the same argument about his form fitting pants.  He's a great looking figure and I think he will be a favorite.
 This is the figure I picked up the pack up for.  This young bravo will be a perfect fit for Inigo Balboa from the Alatriste Novels.
 I have a full En Guard Warband based on the characters from that novel but I didn't have a good figure for young Inigo.
 That lack has been remedied with this bare foot pistol wielding fellow.
 Another good pirate/ruffian Figure with a pistol and cutlass.
I tried to do some brighter colors here as most of my guys tend to have muted colors and you need the occasional fellow with some flash a purple vest and red head scarf seemed to provide some nice color.

So we have eleven full sized 25mm Figures so that should be 55 Points.  I don't recall how Curt scored his little pups and music stand so I will defer to the judge.

MilesR: Adam - these are really well done - I really like the basing - especially the rugs - +1 points for that.  As for Friedrich and his dogs - I'll award you the same 10 points the Snow Lord himself got - that's very heady company you keep.  I believe this brings you to a very hefty 61 points

23 comments:

  1. Thank you 61 Points seems very fair. Glad you like the rugs as you will be seeing that at least one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great bunch of character figures Adam :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the servants. Top submission

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Adam. I really like the basing on these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Adam! I like your approch to Der Alte Fritz and the carpet with the Great Lady turned out fabulous. Well done! I'll mark this as a Sarah's Choice for M'Lady to enjoy later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You glad you like my take on Fritz. I hope my female figures finde favor with the lady Sarah

      Delete
  6. Great stuff.. the carpets idea is cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job, the bases are really terrific

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them, since Voltaire will be appearing on one.

      Delete
  8. Nice work Adam, I do like the basing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Lady and her many man-servants. Always useful to have a man-servant at the ready whilst shopping or planning subterfuge!
    Well done😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very good painting and really nice bases!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice bunch of figures Adam! The bravado and ruffians turned out well! I'm partial to her lady's hip and her servants, they will make very nice stage dressing!

    ReplyDelete