Tuesday 23 January 2018

From: BrettM - FOW Stalins Bears (78)


All the tanks from the box set Stalins Bears painted up. Got this set from Miniature Mart for a steal last year and they have been waiting to get painted. Most detail I really went into was on the tank commanders.

Was going to just put red star decals on most the tanks but read that wasn't how all the tanks were. Not exactly trying to be historically accurate here so whether what I read was right or not the decals are on now.


I'm Polish so on the side of these tanks I put the Polish decals. Again from what I read Polish volunteers would do this if they were together in a tank. Historically accurate? I did a quick 5 min search so who knows.


Final picture. You can't really see the treads well. I did something different with these than the normal way I have done treads on FOW tanks. Ended up painting them a brown and washing them twice with Nuln Oil to bring them down to almost a black. I like the effect on this rather than the straight black with some metal drybrush.

All together 13 tanks at 6 points each for a total of 78 points.


Brett that is an increble lot of shiny tanks. They are very well painted, I think you've got that lovely Frussian green colour spot on. But for me the best is your backstory. For me as Dutchman, the Eastfront and the Polish efforts in it, are not common fare. So thanks heaps for enlightening  me. 
78 points will be added to your score tonight.

14 comments:

  1. Great stuff - more 15mm armour! Let's make Miles' stats go totally whacko!

    Are those all plastic kits now?

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice heavy armour Brett, I like the Polish touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, especially the Polish touch. I seem to recall there being a Polish Army corps in Soviet service. I have great respect for all those who fought on after their countries defeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a heap of scary heavy armour. Well done Brett!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More soviet armour, lovely finish, I know what you mean about the red star, I think I'll go with it but that's for 28mm, very nice .
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanks! A lot of tanks! Tanks a lot!

    ...I'll get me coat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that technique of painting the tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this powerful armored fist will break through any defense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! That's quite a bunch of steel beasts that you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice work on the Russian armor! The tracks turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete