Tuesday 23 January 2018

From: MartinC - Numidian Cavalry (230 pts)

For Christmas I received 2 boxes of Victrix Numidian Cavalry from my baffled sister. They are really great, very well sculpted, easy to assemble and very dynamic. My only gripe is that there are only 4 different arm poses. Luckily I have loads of suitable arms in the bits box from the Perry Mahdists, so I used some of these.
There are 23 of them, there are 12 per box but I needed one to use to cast more elephant riders. This worked OK and so there is another elephant to make from the Northstar safari collection.





These guys, and next weeks submission, will fight on Sunday with republican Romans against evil Persians. My first battle using my Rep Romans resulted in their slaughter because they got mullered by elephants. Hence my need for elephants in their 2nd battle.

23 cavalry = 230 pts

Martin, that is one awesome and massive block of speedy death on horses. Those Numidians really look the part. How in the world did you get those lines of the Carthaginian Goddess symbol on their shields so thin? It looks really nice. The basing is great too since it could be used in Northern Africa but also easily pass for Northern Italy at that, so if Hannibal takes these chaps over for a well deserved vacation you do not need to rebase. 230 well earned points indeed. I am wondering though, why your sister was baffled...

Cheers Sander

32 comments:

  1. Look splendid. I've been looking with interest the new Victrix ancients but first I must find a suitable rulesbook before jumping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We play kings of war and black powder
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Cheers sander. Used a fine line pen for shield. Bit too fine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done, I had not realized that Victrix did ancient cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Victrix ancients range is excellent, inf, cav and elephants

      Delete
  4. Nicely done Martin, love the shield designs. I'll go with a fine point marker at times too. Plus you've baffled your sister in the bargain. Other than embarrassing your offspring public, what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, pens very useful at the right time. My sister fundamentally only understands booze

      Delete
  5. Great painting Martin, but the "baffled sister" was my favourite part of this post. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta, she's only occasionally baffled and usually by me

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful bunch of dusty looking chaps! Great work Martin. I hope these lads give you good service against the Persians in your upcoming game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I love 'em. Hopefully, my 4th game of KoW and I've yet to win. May read the rules this time

      Delete
    2. Read the rules - good lord man don't do any that rash!

      Delete
  7. Really nice mob of Numidians, letting the side down though, I mean reading the rules, it's just not on!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ta. I know but I keep getting caught on the flank, rules are a bit random on that bit

      Delete
  8. Wow! Now that's what I call a cavalry charge! Amazing work on some very nice figs, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Great kit on my future purchase list. Great painting. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always liked Numidians this look excellent

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great en masse Martin! You need another 8 boxes worth though do do things properly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely drab tones, and a simple yet sinister shield design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very spiffy numedian cav, Martin! I like the animation in them very much and the bits of detail you scattered through the ranks. They are spot on to my favorite plate from a cavalry book. A numedian scouting from horseback with a fistful of javelins!

    ReplyDelete