Wednesday 31 January 2018

From TomM: 28mm Protectors of the Pretzel (192 points)

After painting up the Alpine Gnomes crossbows and mage earlier in this challenge, I managed to complete my full Kickstarter bundle, adding to the ranks.


Now, the models aren`t perfect, like the elongated arm here and there to accomodate their weapons, but as they paint up very well this tends to "blend in".  However, the Halberdiers are another matter, standing a full head taller then the rest of the models in the deal... so I better put them far apart on the battlefield (think of the difference between a 28m and a 32mm heroic to get an idea).

The set consists of two combat regiments, in the form of 15 spearmen and 10 halberdiers.



Accompanying them are three heroes, of which the female hero is a truly magnificent model in my opinion.  The others are a loose champion and the battle standard bearer.





Also in this set are civilians and a casualty, stretch goals from the campaign.  I especially like the partying gnomes, with the one being held off by the not so impressed lady.



Though perhaps the hardest part was drawing and painting some banners to go in the force...


As with the rest of my Empire army, the models have been based in the Plane of Fire style, making them run around on the lavaplains of Aqshy.

This was a fun Kickstarter from OS Models as such, and adds a nice little (pun intended) variety to my forces...

All in all, this is 38 infantry models, at 5 points each as they are 28mm scale, this makes a nice 190 points extra and putting me really close to reaching the 750 goal I had set myself for this painting challenge, huzzah!

From Ray

Great work Tom, perhaps the Halbardiers figures are Gnome Grenadiers, being the tallest and strongest of their clan???
I do like the civilian Gnomes though, especially the poor chap carrying the books and the poor chap laying down, is he dead or just dead drunk?
Good to see some handrawn banners too!
These Bad boys will earn you 190 points and I'll give you an extra 2 points for the handrawn banners!

10 comments:

  1. Very nice work and thanks for bumping off that earlier post :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bunch of gnomes, the civilians are great fun and clearly only the biggest and best can be halbediers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crew Tom, lots of character. I like the civilian types a lot. Perhaps the halbardiers wear lifts in their boots to enhance their height?

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool stuff, interesting basing on these little chaps

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Protectors of the Pretzel' - Brilliant. :) Great work Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gnome sculptor from OS minis here, I love to see people painting my work! <3 I just got my gnomes from the stretch goals in the mail yesterday!
    http://oldschoolminiatures.blogspot.com/search/label/Armylist
    If you follow this link we have created gnome armylists compatible with 3rd, 4th/5th, and 6th ed. I hope those suit your needs :)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic little fellows,Tom! The halberdiers must be the sturdier fellows Hence the larger stature ;) the dreaded GG, gnome Grenadiers!
    The civilian gnomes are wonderful characters and excellent table dressing.

    ReplyDelete