Wednesday 31 January 2018

From JamesM: 15mm buildings 30 points

Hi folks,

I got a bit tied up organising some terrain for a big game I've got planned for mid Feb. As I've not managed to get a new unit finished, I thought I'd get some buildings done.

These two I managed to paint from scratch/basecoat during the challenge:




Each building is roughly 6" by 3" by 4".

I've also finished off two buildings I had been working on for a while (so won't count for points) - but I'm glad to get them done, complete with removeable rubble. I think these might be Sarrisa models - I use chopped up building sprue and cork bits for the rubble inside.




That's it for this week, hopefully I'll have a few different things for next week!

From Ray

Crackin' work James  on all 4 buildings. Shame I can only give you points for 2 of them though. I do like the row of terraced houses the best, they remind me of the road I used to live in as a lad, like yours, all the house were identical except for all the different coloured doors and windows. 
Once again I've had to go to his nibs Curt for some help in scoring the buildings.
I must be doing something right because Curt thought I was right (it doesn't happen that often!)

15mm buildings should and do earn 15 points each! For a total of 30 points!


12 comments:

  1. Very nice James . I shall enjoy fighting over them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Guys - Thanks Ray, I only included the other two as I'd finished them as well and wanted to show them off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking buildings James. I like the before and after teenagers effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really well-executed pieces, James - lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice James you've done an awesome job on them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done, the scratch builds are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those burned-out buildings, great pieces all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the rubble; too many of my buildings look sterile by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some spiffy kits! The mdf really lends itself well to ruins, and I like the addition of the rubble from the sprues. Excellent work, James!

    ReplyDelete