Wednesday 31 January 2018

From DaveD - 6mm Soviets and Allies - 150 points

Well after battling with the complications of tartan , this week it was time for something quick and easy to keep the score tally moving. I also found I was 2 bases short for another project - darn it, so they are getting sorted.

So here are the reinforcements for my Soviets and some odds and sods for Czech and East German units - I picked up the T80's and BTR60's from Magister Militum in the UK recently.


A mix of T80's , BTR60's, MT-LB prime movers , BMD3, T72's , 3 trucks , and some WARPAC allied OT64 and OT65


All are GHQ models - some have been in the lead pile for for nigh on 30 years - i just need to find the last box of stuff stashed somewhere.(should be more wheeled APC's and more Hinds )



All together 75 vehicles - so 150 points.. just about keeps me on track

From Ray

I think you certainly did need an easier paint job than all that luvverly tartan from last week! And why not go for 6mm vehicles, I'm not sure you'll earn 150 points as easy again Dave. Makes me wish I had some 6mm vehicles to paint up? Actually I have, I've some 6mm Viking and Saxon Longships somewhere???
I shall look forward to seeing these in another of your batreps Comrade!

19 comments:

  1. Nice motor pool Dave. Looks impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think I need to do a shot of everything at end of this!

      Delete
  2. WOW... NATO had better call for air suport now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 years in the lead pile? Not bad. Nice to see they‘ve finally seen a paint brush. And what a good job you did on these! I‘m sure NATO will only be too glad for the target praxis ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have seasoned nicely ...

      Well I only one tank left at the end of the battle ..if the NATO lot are dust!

      Delete
  4. And the Soviet horde continues to grow - nice work Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time to crush some (tiny) capitalist lackeys! Nice work on these Soviets, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of 6mm armour. Great stuff. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking job Dave! 30 years in a lead pile is quite a decent achievement! I though I'd had some for long with minis from the late 90s...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice bunch of tiny soviet armour!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. You missed the early AA companies then!

      Delete
  10. Impressive motor pool, Dave! That is a definite horde of soviet afv!

    ReplyDelete