Tuesday 25 December 2018

From Ian: A Little SYW 15mm French starter for (16 Points)

My first entry after taking year off and just like two years ago it's SYW but this time it's my son's French. These are four mounted High Command from Blue Moons The Age of Reason range. I bought these figures as a stocking filler last year so it's good that I finally get them finished the night before he has had them a year!!


I have actually painted up all six figures but only have the bases for two. I am hoping Lee has one so I can add the other two in a week or so's time. Most of our figures are Lancashire Games and are quite serviceable but command wise they are rather weak. Joseph's army has grown large enough that he needs a couple more command stands for Black Powder.


However he will need more as I plan to paint up a further six battalions of infantry during the Challenge which will almost use up his unpainted infantry. More cavalry and artillery await in the wings, but that is unlikely to be done during the challenge.


I do like Blue Moon casting's and have a pack of Prussian Command that may sneak into the Challenge but being unprepped look a outside bet. I have pledged 500 points but have enough prepped figures to get over 750 and I will be very surprised if that comes off because...……


Yes my 1:1 scale project is a Springer Spaniel pup, so less time at the painting table even though I am getting up as early as 4am!! Still we get to start walking him in about two weeks so hopefully he will start to burn some of his energy.

_________________________________

First, welcome back to the Challenge, Ian! It's great to have you with us again.

I was admiring your figures but was completely sidelined when I saw the pic of your new pup. Aww, what's his name? He looks to be a real sweetheart. As you say, some nice long walks in the park will help burn off his excess energy (not really, but you can always live in hope and the walks will do you good).

Back to your SWW figures, which look terrific btw. Blue Moon makes some very nice castings and you've done them proud with your brush and basework here. I look forward to seeing those half dozen French battalions roll off your table over the coming months.

Now, I'll let you get back to your new addition as I'm sure he's left a mess since you started reading this. :)


19 comments:

  1. Lovely SYW command! Even better Springer!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Ian, very nice indeed .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Command bases, but the puppy dog is truly realistic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Iain, bonus Dad points for painting your son'e army for him! Maybe you can get your son to take on some of the early morning pup duties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Iain! An interesting period and some very nice figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys and the Puppy is called Flash

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Flash' is a grand name. Long may he romp and be a faithful companion.

      Delete
  7. Lovely command bases, nice to see someone else who has some 15mm SYW figures in the queue for this challenge - i've got a few battalions worth of Austrians coming up. Also, flash looks incredibly cute and has a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fur on your dog looks very realistic, well done. :)

    The SYW officers look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Ian, but the boy and myself completely fell in love with the pup! Would love to have a Springer Spaniel but we've got too little time for a dog :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work Ian :)

    That reminds me - I really must paint up those Eureka command groups for you, Adam and Ken...maybe they will appear later in the Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work Ian. Always likes you smaller scale stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, puppy! Such a sweetie face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work on the blue moon command stands, Ian! I am looking forward to seeing the French come along shortly. Flash looks like a very happy Lil guy! ;)

    ReplyDelete