Sunday 23 December 2018

From MartinC: Sneaky 2nd one Today (20 pts)

The best thing about the challenge, as you all know, is the mutual support and advice. So earlier today I posted the Picts and had failed to do tattoos. Paul Smith reminded me that you use a pen. I'm a typical absent minded professor. So I dug out my micro pen, I even had a blue one. I'm a geologist by trade and we use micro pens in the field for writing thousands of readings on a map in very tiny letters.

So for no extra points my Picts have got drunk and got some late night tattoos








Obviously they will regret it in the morning as they all try and work out who Morag is

I have done something else today. We are putting on a game at Hammerhead this year and I'm running it - my 1st game to run outside the club. It will be a 1930s Pulp affair set in the South Seas. So I needed a village. These 2 huts and a pig sty are from Sarissa and are lovely, although they don't quite fit together


2 huts


1 hut


1 hut door


Pigsty with pigs (painted ages ago)

The 3 buildings are as close to a 6" cube as possible to get (212 cubic inches to the target of 216 cubic inches). look guys I know we may be leaving the EU but we are not going back to bloody imperial measurements - it's a dumb as system depending on the number of knuckles on a Babylonian's hand. Anyway that is 20 points.

I hope you all have a brilliant Christmas, I'm getting a 15mm Classical Indian army with 9 elephants.

_________________________

Haha! Excellent stuff Martin. Love the 'night of shame' tattoos on those Picts. I'm looking for the one that says, 'Fiona's Forever' but in hipster Chinese characters. Those huts are terrific as well and absolutely bang-on for a South Seas pulp setting. Brill. 

20 Points for you, and not a knuckle more.

Happy Christmas!



25 comments:

  1. Great work and very good idea that of using a pen for the tattoos; another one to record in my book of painting tips. Have a great Xmas you too

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do work very well, 0.1 or 0.05mm. Usually get them only in black

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing tattoo work, really gives them a lift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finish work on the tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ink Martin. Love the buildings too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tattoos and huts! I have to jump between Imperial for Americans and metric for everyone else, it's a right pain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've of the age where I was taught both. Cheers

      Delete
  7. Nice finishing touch, I also have some of their buildings though mine went together well (easier western types though)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta, it was the final pieces that didn't like up, can't tell really

      Delete
  8. Good work! I worry about the ink setting correctly, and would consider a varnish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too.too foggy for varnishing at moment

    ReplyDelete
  10. And who here hasn't gone to raid an enemy tribe, found and drunk their entire stash of alcohol and then woken up with a full body tattoo eh?
    Nice additions to your Picts. I like the weathering on your Sarissa buildings too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I was quite surprised given the state I was in Christmas eve that I didn't wake up with a full tattoo Christmas morning

      Delete
  11. Nice tats Martin! The buildings look good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent update on the Picts,Martin! They really pop now!
    Those buildings are very nice and that pig sty looks like it has a powerful stench. As far as metric vs "old English" ...
    The old system worked just fine for going to the moon! ;)

    ReplyDelete