Sunday 23 December 2018

From PaulS: March to War (35 Points)

So far I've done a Strawbear and some small(ish) buildings..., but it is time to start on one of the ongoing projects for 2018-19. I signed up to the 40k partwork, Conquest, as it seemed like a good way to get a kick to paint up a load of the figures I already had floating around, unbuilt. Seems like a dumb way of doing things, but it seems to be working...

The first thing that made it to the painting table was the Nurgle Blighthauler. This was a fun model to paint, especially once I found my long lost pot of rust


To accompany the Hauler, the next few models are the chaos lord and his bodyguard from the recent Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress


Once again, I've just realised that I hatehatehate painting black armour. And faces by the looks of that photo. Still, these four models are a nice step towards painting up all the 40k Chaos stuff that I've got floating around. To give you a sense of scale on the Hauler, here they are together


According to the scoring chart, this should be 20 for the Hauler (as a vehicle) and 15 for the three marines, totalling 35 points.

_________________________________________

Wow, these are very impressive Paul. That Blighthauler is superbly nasty. I'm glad you found your pot of rust paint as the effect is absolutely superb on this model. A few of us here have picked up Blackstone Fortress, but I've not had time to open it yet, so now seeing your work here I'm very keen to get tucked into these models. You may hate painting black armour, but it doesn't show in your work - very nice, these.  I also like your red groundwork as it does a great job of setting up the colours of the models. Great work!


21 comments:

  1. Fantastic work! All of it it great, but the blighthauler is brilliant. Looks understated, but with subtle details. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that’s a scurvy looking bunch, well done Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably have scurvy. I can't imagine there are many vitamins in the Eye of Terror

      Delete
  3. Fantastic looking nurgle thing and great looking marines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curt, you really should. Some of the figures are absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. That‘s some top shelf work on these chaotic chaps Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea what that thing is but it's ace !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sensational stuff, Paul, absolutely sensational :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work! It’s got me turning an eye to my unpainted Nurgle stuff now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff! I’ve got those marines lined up as well, but mine won’t be black. I agree it is such a pain to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Stunning quality in that painting work. I think you guys SF and fantsy aficionados have a greater level of creativity than historical wargamers. I like a lot to learn and get inspiration from you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work. The Chaos Commander figure looks like an absolute brute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smashing stuff, I’m right there with you on the black armour but these have come out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work Paul! I really like the weathering on the Nurgly thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work, Paul! The blight hauler looks suitably icky and the Marines really evoke the jealously that my FLGS sold out of Blackstone after the holiday. I look forward to seeing more Blackstone stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete