Thursday 21 February 2019

From NoelW (Thursday): A trio of buildings (82 points):

At the beginning of the challenge I  promised myself I'd use it to develop my terrain collection. But so far I've not really done this. Each time I pick up a brush, it's miniatures that grab my attention. For the rest of the challenge, I'm going to try and balance the two a little.

So here are a trio of buildings. First off, a couple of desert buildings, to go with the small one I submitted for the Reconnaisance theme. These are a light resin, though I'm not sure who they're made by:



I'm never quite sure how to assess irregular shapes in terms of the 6" cube. The small building is 3.5"x5"x3", so 52.5 cu ins. The larger building is 6"x6"x5", so 180 cu is, making a total of 232.5, so perhaps 22 points?

The third building is a massive terrace block from Charlie Foxtrot models. I'll be using this in Sealion and Victorian adventures.



There's not much to say about this, apart from the fact that the three layer structure means the building can be turned into a terrace of bungalows, if so desired.

Painting of this was greatly eased by the discovery of a spraypaint for home decoration which gives a spackled, pebble-dash effect. You can see it pretty well in this image of the corner:


I used it neat, but because it gives a granular finish, it could be repainted and used as the basis for a different rough surface, which may be a reason for a little experiment.

The points for this one are easy to calculate, as it's 6"x12"x9", so exactly three cubes, or 60 points.

Total for the post: 82 points

Well that's not what I was expecting, nice resin models that cover a wide range of periods and a massive terrace! I like the spatter finish you found,I think it works really well, 82 points it is!
All the best Iain

10 comments:

  1. Nice work on the buildings Noel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spray paint looks very handy, good find.
    Nice work on the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid bit of work there Noel - I do love a bit of terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking stuff, I do like that pebble dash finish and may have to look into it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the terrace homes, that spray was an excellent choice. Those desert buildings remind me of arid days coughing dust! ;)

    ReplyDelete