Saturday 23 March 2019

From AlexS: From Russia with Love

Hello to all! My name is Alex and I from Russia.


This is my fourth event in which I participate. Every year brings me an ocean of pleasure, a sea of new impressions and a lake of miniatures. I enjoy watching the work of other people, they inspire me a lot. I already wrote about how I love the work of Greg, Michael and Tamsin, but everyone else is just as important to me. Well, of course Сurt, who stands apart, as a monument in the central square of the city. This year I was lucky the same way as in the past - my curator was a man whose work and blog have always been an example for me. Thank you very much, Big Lee, in what I did at the event, there is your work.

As always, I am grateful to all the other participants, you were beautiful, you gave me a drive. I was particularly impressed that I was on the same day as Christopher, because I began to gather an army on AWI after reading his blog.

Well, here's the terrain and miniatures that I painted. I hope that some of my messages were interesting to you.


Well, the last. Five years ago I was about to leave the hobby. I sold almost all my painted miniatures and was going to sell those that had not yet been painted. But I found this event on the Internet, and I realized that I did not want to give up this hobby. Then I was late with registration, but a year later I took part in this great event. Here is a photo of what I did in four years. I think the events were not in vain.


Thanks again and see you all!


16 comments:

  1. Excellent first Challenge, Alex. Your entries have been truly high quality. Hope to see you around next year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the 4th time Alex has taken part Benito and I'm sure he'll be back again next year for a fifth turn of the wheel :)

      Delete
    2. Oh dear! You are totally right 🤦🏻‍♂️
      I don’t know what I was thinking

      Delete
  2. Another great year's challenge,a pile of excellent figures and inventive scratch built terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely minis from you again this year Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite an impressive array of figures and buildings Alex. Glad you enjoyed the event and hope to see you at the wheel again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent mix of figures and terrain. Your home-made buildings put a lot of more professional ones to shame. I hope to see more of them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent brushwork all round Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What another great selection of figures, Alex. Great to see the Challenge brought you back from the edge of giving up the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love that pic of what you've painted over the past four years. Awesome stuff Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow Alex - as always, your work leaves one heck of an impression - a positive one! Excellent work once more Alex, and inspiring as always! Hope to see you again in the next edition of the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really glad you didn't give up the hobby, as that four year picture is an inspiration to us all. And some of your paint bombs, like the amazing AWI submission, are truly impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work throughout the challenge Alex!

    ReplyDelete