Saturday 16 March 2019

From EvanH: I ATEN'T DEAD (40 points)

So I missed my last week as minion to the Wednesday Warriors owing to an episode of... well, let's just say that the laws of physics must have been broken at some point, because there's NO way a human body can expel that much at such high pressure in two directions at once over a 24-hour period.

Thankfully, Curt sent out the call, and Nurse Barks stepped into the breach to administer a course of treatment, ensuring the prompt delivery of the Wednesday submissions. Thank you Barks!

But I'm fine now, just a little dehydrated...


As we head into the last days of the Challenge, we're all rushing to finish the remaining figs on this year's lead pile. Here's my attempt to draw a line under at least one project;


Yep, it's the rest of the Blood Bowl team from the 'Sports' Bonus Theme Round. The Durinhold Tectonics can now field twelve players!


I love these characterful old Gary Morley sculpts, and it's great to see the entire team back together at last.


Second half of this last weekly submission for Challenge IX is a Reaper Bones Griffin.


This is a good monster to have in reserve to bolster up a fantasy army, or throw into a wilderness adventure in an RPG.


Its folkloric and mythical antecedents date back to the Classical Era, when Greek historian and travel writer Herodotus spoke of "the gold-guarding gryphons" which lived in Central Asia.



The figure is based on a 60mm Warbases MDF round, which was textured using Vallejo White Pumice Paste. This was painted and decorated with Tajima Tufts, the best in the biz for my money. For those of you playing at home, the tufts in question are Flowers, Wild Grass, and Leafy Shrub.

Scoring-wise, we have five 28mm Dwarves at five points each, and a monster who will likely come in at 10 points (based on my manticore), so that's 35 points this Saturday.

Hope I can meet my target, I'm a bit behind the eight ball thanks to the week's events.

And there's still the matter of Curtgeld as well!

Stay tuned...

Ev



Tamsin

Ahhh, the joys of high velocity projectile illness...

Those dwarves do look jolly good and that phoenix is awesomesauce. I won't disagree with your suggested scoring, which ends in a 5...

Ev, you horrible, horrible man! I can't abuse my minion power to award you extra rounding up points if you are already divisible by 5. curses! I'll just have to score that mythical beast as three 15mm mounted. and add 3 bonus points to make the score divisible by 5! So, go stick that in one of your dwarves' pipes and smoke it!

9 comments:

  1. Grand stuff ... beer will help you hydrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Ev and glad to hear that you’ve been resurrected. The dwarves are great but I’m really taken by the gryphon. Great to see such an old school monster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your not dead! Love the dwarves and the gryphon is fab!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. R-Ev-enant! I have a soft spot for those dwarfs, they were my first BB team- and what a slippery slope that became!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better Ev. Great looking athletic Stunties and that gryphon is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done despite your... ahem... handicap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff Evan, am loving the Dwarfs but the main point is you're back in good(-ish?) health!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the kind words and good wishes! yep, back on deck and fighting fit (sort of)!

    ReplyDelete