Wednesday 13 March 2019

From StuartL: Wild Blonde Bares All (30 points)

For my third and final post this week, I have a Celtic chariot all done and dusted. The model is from Warlord Games and features a couple of ancient Brits ready to kick those Romans back to the continent. This will be joining my small force of Britons for Hail Caesar.


The chariot itself was a simple enough paint job being mainly wood and wicker. The horses were likewise fairly simple, so I tired to spend a bit of extra time on the crew. The driver got some fancy leggings and both he and the naked lunatic behind him got woad warpaint and some lime-washed blonde locks.

After painting, I applied a mix of flock and static grass. Once the glue had set I knocked off the excess and took some photos. When I went to resize the photos, I noticed that there was still some loose flock on the model, so I went over it with a brush and retook the pictures. Unfortunately, some flock is still clinging to the sides of the model and deadlines are looming, so I apologise for that.

And a gratuitous (NSFW) shot to finish the post with. The shield is hand painted as I couldn't find the transfers for it. Should they ever turn up, I'll probably redo it.

So, to close off this weeks posts, I believe that chariots are scored based on their component parts. I will leave it to my omniscient minion to determine the exact values, using secret formulae passed down from the ancient druids themselves, but at a rough guess:
2x horses = 10 points?
2x crew = 10 points?
1x chariot = 10 points?
And 1 more squirrel as well.

With only 1 week to go, I still have a load of minis to finish off. See you all at the finish line.

On the woad again... Oh dear, I seem to have caught Ev's pun disease. Thirty cc's of points and that lovely shield should see me right. I do feel that the chariot needs a bumper sticker- suggestions taken!

Nurse Barks

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the naked celt and his wild ride. I'm with barks on the bumper sticker. Given what's prominently displayed I feel something like this recent local news story may be appropriate
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/dave-assman-sgi-vanity-licence-plate-1.5017377

    ReplyDelete
  2. That felsh work is pretty good. I'm totally useless with that

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Naked Battlers! Great work. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice chariot and crew! Make Briton Great? Brexit means Brexit?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear,
    I could have done without that picture of his rear.
    He looks like someone to fear.
    I'll leave my compliments to you right here...

    Sorry couldn't resist

    ReplyDelete