Tuesday 24 December 2019

AdamC: Cooke's Crevase Desert Buttes (36 Points)

These two buttes started life as packing material.  The shapes suggested rock formation of the American southwest to me.


They just needed some filling of holes with card board and then some paint.  I decided to us texture paint for the first time.  The results seem satisfactory.  


A quick wash and some highlights and I have couple of pieces for high ground to use on desert table.  The dimension are 4 x 3 x 2.75 inches which comes to about 1/7th of a 6" Cube so 3 points each 6 points in total  plus the extra 30...  


That said despite my best efforts I don't think I have ever gotten the terrain points right so I'll take anything!



Now we shall turn to Docherty's Dock to secure a port before moving on the Islands interior. 

______________________________

Excellent work Adam, and a creative approach to designing tabletop buttes. Well done!

36 points it is. Now, lets see what you come up with for Docherty's Dock. :)

12 comments:

  1. Thank you, sir! I finely did a terrain piece that didn't get docked points! it’s a Christmas miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful looking bits of terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inventive use of some packaging materials. We were in Utah earlier this year and you can see much the same here: https://scrivsontour.blogspot.com/2019/09/arches-national-park.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excatly the terrain the inspired me. Never been there but seen it many times in old westerns.

      Delete
  4. I think the technical term for these might be "inselberg". In my youth my brothers and I would play the game of counting inselbergs in the Westerns we watched. Yes, ours was a simple childhood....
    Good use of material otherwise headed for landfill - all in favour of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly what I had in mind. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted to have fulfilled the requirement to your satisfaction. Am I the first to plant a flag at this location?

      Delete
  6. Eco-friendly terrain, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, the puns in the title of this post really CRACKed me up! Great stuff and merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work, Adam! Already there is a lot of excellent scratch builds on terrain this time around. These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete