Tuesday 24 December 2019

From AlexS: Awdry's Atoll Exploration (35 Points)

Hello everybody. In our country there are several traditions in the manufacture of terrain. The slogan of one of the schools is "do it from clay and branches", that is, using the material that is at hand or in the nearest garbage can. I like this school because it provides an opportunity to show imagination and ingenuity. In addition, this direction is focused on the speed and simplicity of terrane production.When I read mr Awdry's assignment, I decided that it was interesting and could be a challenge for me. And, in addition, a tribute to the skill and imagination of mr Awdry. At one time, he made a predatory plant from walnut, which is described in the story of a classic of world literature. I decided to use walnuts too.


I took a walnut shell, a disk and a tree bark.


 Made the basis.


Using a hot glue gun, he worked on the shells.



Then he primed and painted it all.




It seems to me that I got a very interesting way to create the eggs of some monsters (for example, an alien). At least I hope it looks like this. True? At least my traveler and his dog think so ...


Thanks to Mr. Awdry for an interesting task, I hope that you will like the results of my work ...

points
for piece of terrain 12x12x6cm - a think 5 pts?
bonus points -30
total 35 pst

_________________________________

This is just terrific Alex! The bark I could get my head around, but I was a bit stumped what you'd do with the walnut shells... Well, I never guessed alien spore pods! The effect works brilliantly and your paintjob really gives the whole scene an otherworldly aspect.  Just wonderful!

35 points it is for your creative efforts - well done, Alex!

17 comments:

  1. A thrid "awsome" from me. This is a true display of creativity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking alien eggs! Splendid!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative, you may get a call from Ridley Scott :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is ingenious. Very well done there, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ridley Scott where are you now? Brilliant use of unpromising raw materials, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, what a fantastic idea and so simple as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really creative idea and use of everyday materials to create something special - great stuff Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex this is absolutely brilliant! So imaginative and exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for, I shall have to have a go at this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They’re a bit Geiger- I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks to everyone who appreciated my work. I hope my idea comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant use of materials, Alex! Awesome is indeed the best word to describe this entry!

    ReplyDelete