Friday 17 January 2020

From PeterD 18th Century Nobles for Sarah's Balloon Ride (70 points)




I have two 28mm figures from Front Rank to serve as both my balloon ticket and my entry fee.  I don't have a whole bunch to say about these.  I really like Front Rank's figures, they paint up really nicely, and I had fun doing picture searches of Reynolds and Gainsborough portraits doing research on them. 



I'm not sure that Mademoiselle is having any of Monsieur's nonsense.



I intended these to be any generic Europeans.  However my better half (who has costume knowledge) informed me that the gold was more likely to be found on the French.

Funny perspective here.  It looks like M. is down on one knee from this angle.

Another stop on my island tour.

And another merit badge for my sash




I offer the above proof that my wife and I had a glass of prosecco last night in honour of the balloon ride, and because it was dang cold.  Unlike others in the Challenge I know where the champagne flutes are kept.

Points wise I believe this scores as
  • 2 28mm foot figures = 10 points
  • Curtgeld bonus =25 points
  • Sarah's Balloon Service =30 points
  • Bonus for prosecco =5 points
  • Total 70 points
Two other notes.  I will leave it to Curt to choose the short straw to see who gets these figures.  Also I would like balloon transport to Sanders' Sanddunes please.



That's a great vignette to pay your fare for the balloon ride and your entry fee for the Challenge. 

TamsinP

17 comments:

  1. Great stuff Peter. Front Rank really do nice figures, don't they? I agree, they are lots of fun to paint.

    Is that Lamarca prosecco?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking vignette!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vignettes and yours in no exception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have fun posing thes little scenes.

      Delete
  4. That is a lovely little vignette, Peter, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, so lovely, you really have captured the lush look of a Gainsborough portrait.

    Prosecco, to me, tastes of a light summers breeze, so perfecly appropriate to drink during this Extreme Cold Weather Alert we Canadians are suffering through.
    🎈Up up and Away to Sanders Sand Dunes🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sarah, I had fun painting these. We’ve used mother nature’s fridge to cool our Prosecco this winter.

      Delete
  6. Very nice work Peter! Really like the basing and the way your little diorama tells a story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work on the figures and flora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks. Flora is just tufts but help obscure what’s underneath!.

      Delete