Sunday 12 January 2020

Brettm: Mariachi Band and 3D prints (30 Points)

Finally first entry is in. Lots happening end of last year so was a slow start for me. For my first entry I give you the mariachi band! I painted this up as a Christmas gift however did not make it in time for Christmas..wah wah. 


The base is 3d printed. I got the file from printable scenery. The edges were open so I used greenstuff to fill them in then painted the edges black.
 I added gold around their hats and on gold lines up the sides of their pants. Trying to give them more of that colorful mariachi feel. 
I added the barrels to kinda decorate the base a bit more. They are from mantics first Terrain crate kickstarter. Couldn't tell you which one as thats sat in the closet since I got them till this piece.

Second up is my first 3d model resin print I have painted. I got the file off thingiverse and while his hands are HUGE I thought it was a decent model to try out the resin printer.
 Not that happy with his shirt. Thought about going back and repainting it so didn't look so rough. But I have many more points to go!! 
I though the model turned out pretty well. Have a couple other models that came off the printer I may have to paint up now as well. Total of 5-28mm models at 5pts each brings it to 25 points. Not sure what the base I put them on would add if any. I'm sure the wonderful minions will have an idea.

From MilesR: Yeah, about that wonderful minion thing, you got stuck with me so your'e screwed.  Now that the formalities are out of the way, I LOVE the Mariacchi band and now feel a burning desire for chips and salsa - at least I'm blaming you when my wife catches me eating things that are not on my diet.  The resin printed model is very nice.  I shudder to think how advanced these things will be on 5-10 years and suspect most of us will be buying files rather than figures to build out out armies.

For pointage, you've got 5 28mm figures plus I'll throw in 5 points for the stage and barrels. 

But there is a problem - I don't know who you are as you didn't put your name in the post and the blogger ID doesn't match any of the participants.  People, if you want credit for your work you need to put your name on it.  Based on the terms of the Minion collective bargaining agreement I allowed to assert salvage rights on any un-named submission if no participant claims the entry and provides a valid ID and pays the hefty sum in arbitrary fines.

9 comments:

  1. Who ever did this, I like the mariachi band scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miles - as I commented on your minion post earlier, "Nomag58", our unknown challengenista is BrettM (I had a couple of minutes to do a quick Google search).

    Brett - lovely work on the Mariachi band and the "hood" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great entry post, in addition to the mistery surrounding the author XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mariachi band and hit man!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo awesome. LOVE the mariachi band. The barrels and flooring really help set the scene. Next you need a dancer wearing a red dress, clicking her castanets! Great work, Brett!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bad, was to excited to get my first post in I left off the name! Updated the post. I dont want to incur the wrath of Miles so I will double check going forward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great band and 3D printed models, Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fun! That guy looks very 90s Delaque. Lovely print.

    ReplyDelete