Sunday 12 January 2020

JohnS - B is for Bugler and C is for Cacadores (50 pts)

This is actually the first lot of miniatures I started for Challenge X but I was half done when I decided the undercoat was so dusty (because I didn't wash the release agent off the minis) that I stripped them back and started again. That's when I did the previous submission of goblins while I was waiting for everything to dry.



These ten Portuguese Cacadores are from the 5th Battalion in winter uniform. Uniform details are conflicting in the sources I found so I have done a combo that I think looks good. The plume on the shako should be green for light infantry or black for sharpshooters. I have chosen black as I intend to field these as sharpshooters in most games of Sharpe Practice.


This is a view that I never hope my opponent sees - Cacadores don't run!
I particularly like that this set came with a bugler as this is the symbol of the Cacadores and it also lets me complete two of my self imposed Alphabet Challenge letters - B is for Bugler and C is for Cacadores.



This is also my first entry towards the Sharpe Practice side challenge proposed by AlexK. These will form part of my British Peninsular Allies force. (13 Sharp Practice force points Cacadores 6, Ldr II 6 and Musician 1) and will be joined by some Spanish militia shortly. I am aiming to make my SP armies as flexible as possible to play the full range of scenarios.
The miniatures are made by Warlord Games.

So in the real world of AHPCX I believe that is 50 points towards my total. And I know the photos are rubbish, I am trying a new camera next submission.

From MilesR: These chaps are very nicely done and should do very well in a Sharp's practice game.  I do like the Alphabet challenge and am now wondering what "D" will be.


11 comments:

  1. Nice work on the cacadores John. There’s 24 letters left to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work John, I really like Cacadores as a subject. Any army that can take that slightly odd reddish brown and somehow make it look quite exotic and fancy gets a big thumbs up from me. I can't wait to see what else you've got planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful looking Cacadores, John. I like that you're doing something different from the regular British force one often sees (and the Portuguese are a rock solid choice). I especially like the bugler and the advancing officer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work! I painted some Portuguese infantry a couple of challenges back but never completed the Caçadores... may be it's time to dig in the lower layers of my lead pile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking Portuguese troops!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work John, your force is going to look a treat with these guys in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking squad of skirmishers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, I am looking forward to seeing more from your Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete