Tuesday 18 February 2020

by KenR- Mk VI Light Tanks (70 pts)


Tank of the week is the Mk VI Light Tank, a particular favourite of mine, it looks slightly odd and clearly a pre war design but there is just something wonderfully mad about it.


The vehicles are from Blitzkrieg Miniatures and they too have suffered with #flakegate but after multiple undercoated I finally got them done and I am pretty pleased with how they have come out.


Crew figures are by Perrys Miniatures and certainly add an extra dimension to the models, the Perrys sculpting definitely matches my style of painting, with a dab of colour in the right place they just come to life.


These models have been painted in the Caunter Camouflage Scheme as most of my vehicles are, I have gone for the official colours for these tanks as I tend to do with my earlier war models. I think with these models and these colours you can see how the camouflage broke up the shape of the tank in a similar way to the Dazzle camouflage that started on ships in WW1.


Points wise it's 3 x 20 for the tanks plus 3 reduced size crew men for say 8 points, a total of 68 to add to my total. To be honest I am miles behind where I wanted to be this year, #flakegate really dented my time and enthusiasm at the start of the challenge hopefully it's picking up now.


I recently purchased some more decals from Warlord Games with British Tank names on and these have certainly made life a bit easier. Next week's Tanks will be another 3 Stuart's and who knows maybe those Gendarme will get finished !

------
By Paul:
Lovely desert vehicles Ken - I do like the Desert War for the utility of all sorts of light vehicles (on both sides) before the upscaling of AFV weights.

Your caunter scheme is particularly well done - take a few extra points for that, for a total of 70

23 comments:

  1. Love those little tanks Ken. The crewmen really show how small they were, it also looks like they're having a good old chat. The tank in the middle has a lower hatch than its flankers, I assuming that these are different model run (VIbs vs VIcs perhaps)?

    PS Those are way cooler than King Tigers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, the one without a cupola is the mark C which was armed with a 15mm Besa rather than the Vickers and Besa MG. Definitely more charm than a King Tiger

      Delete
  2. Love these tanks, Ken - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the little tanks Ken :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again these are some superb looking little tanks! I quite like those tin cans too and really should add another one or two to mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Its something I need to add a bit more of, these came pre cast to the model.

      Delete
  5. I'm not much for the early war "tanks", but I have to say good work is good work, especially in the face of the flaking challenges. Great work here Ken, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely early war light tanks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on these Ken. The MkVI is probably my second favourite WWII vehicle after the SU-76.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these early war clankers. I really like how the crew are posed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, a good crew figure really brings a tank to life.

      Delete
  9. Those early British tanks are just so characterful and you've really nailed the camo spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander, you can really see how it breaks the shape up.

      Delete
  10. The Mk VI Light Tank is one of the coolest tanks ever! These are a great addition to your fine collection, your painting sure does them justice. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete