Tuesday 18 February 2020

by PeterD Femme Fatale for Repeat Balloon Ride (5 points)


A 28mm figure of a Femme Fatale for my second balloon ride of the Challenge, this one taking me to the summit of the Snowlord.  Like many challengers the ability to make use of the balloon had me scrambling through the lead pile for suitable female figures.  (I also hit the e-commerce route for some figures that were ordered in 2019 but just arrived this week.)  This figure is a 28mm Reaper Bones figure bought on spec for the Hero Theme Round a few Challenges back.  The plan was to have something mid cold war themed in front of the Berlin Wall and word smithed to fit Bowie's Heroes.  But that project got sidelined by a case of the February's and she's sat in the lead pile ever since.

Anyway for a Reaper Bones figure, quality was pretty good and she painted up nicely.  There was a small mold line that came off easily and those slender legs don't give her much support and she bent over with too much pressure on the brush but that was easily handled.  I've painted her up as a generic Femme Fatale for cold war pulp stories using as my muse....
The young Deneuve in les Parapluies de Cherbourg (sigh)
I've never seen the film, it's supposed to be good, but I can fanboy over la belle Deneuve all day long.  I have been to Cherbourg twice on sailing expeditions with my dad.  It's a typical port city with not much to offer it, but it's in France and there's some interesting harbour fortifications on the breakwaters.

No bonus points on this one, it's my second balloon ride and we've been drinking Italian reds to go with some mighty fine stripling steaks recently.  But's she's my balloon ride ticket to the Summit and what ever the Snowlord has in store for me.

By Paul:
A fine homage to your would-be paramour - 5 points for you Peter

24 comments:

  1. great work, esp on yellow! The fair Catherine is a suitable fanboy crush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Martin. I was happy with how she turned out.

      Delete
  2. Very well done! The yellow coat really is an excellent reference to the film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, I was quite pleased with the yellow. It can be tricky but fortunately this was done right over the white primer, so nothing to show through (unlike doing yellow facings on blue). I used a gloss medium over top for a bit of shine.

      Delete
  3. Excellent femme fatale and eminently suitable for cold war pulp!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. I saw Melville's 'Un Flic' as a teen and that sealed it for me. Goddess. Great work Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great figure Peter, I imagine there's rather a cue for the Peak but this should let you skip ahead right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking lady there. A fair price to pay for a trip to see the Snow Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peter, see 'The Umbrellas of Cherbourg' - I defy anyone to watch it and not get teary. Not as teary as most of us would get watching the final 10 minutes of 'The Man Who Would Be King' mind, but teary enough! (Great work on La Belle Catherine, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice indeed, she certainly looks the part.

    ReplyDelete