Tuesday 18 February 2020

From DaveS - Part of the Union (30 points)

So, I've got a week off work, which will hopefully mean that the output will speed up.  Today, I managed to get the skirmishers for my ACW Sharp Practice completed.  These have been painted in the same manner as the rest of the forces that I have been doing, although this time they get a skirmish base, and there are fewer of them.




With these, I have finished the recommended starter force.  I've also added a temporary flag to the colour party that I painted previously.




With this, I've finished the basic force.  Next up on the table are some artillery, along with a few more infantry units.  One of these will have that something special that I struggled to get.  I'm also planning on adding at least one unit of cavalry.  As these are able to be fielded either mounted or not, I've put in the order for some of the Perry dismounted cavalry, and the horse holders.  Finally, I need to build a few deployment points.

So this is 6x28mm models, for 30 points I think.
-----------
By Paul:

Nice figs and congratulations on completing your first army for Sharp Practice Dave!
I can tell you from experience, that you are in for a grea experience with these guys and you'll be adding new elements and capabilities to them in no time!

10 comments:

  1. Super looking union troops and a great looking force!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting this starter force together Dave. We’ve had some great SP games and 8 hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing your starter force Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a good looking force.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done Dave, congrats on getting the force this far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work and a great as-is group shot of the force-to-date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific work, Dave, now get out there and send Johnny Reb home for pone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice painting, and well done on completing the force.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff, those are some great dynamic poses!

    ReplyDelete