Friday 21 February 2020

From Barks: Fallschirmjäger. In. SPAAACE! (50 points)

I picked these figures up at CanCon last month on a whim because they are great value. They are Wargames Atlantic Raumjäger- unapologetically FJ with some scifi trimmings and a G36-esque lasrifle. You get 24 in a box- six sprues of four poses, each including a variety of heads and weapons. I assembled four as a test and painted them to match some of my other figures- they could be Imperial Guard, or bulk out my Genestealer Cult, or corporate mercs, or some kind of paramilitary. I may try some different heads next batch. I may test the waters of Victoria Miniatures. I would like to see some support weapons in the future. I struggled a bit with the goggles and masks. The helmets were a bit plain and light, so I added some flecks.



I used some spare GSC arms on the leader- they're OK. 


I had to convert this figure to hold a rifle in his left hand.



Importantly, they've kept the Y-Tragegestell



4x 28mm 20 Points
Mudry's Mesa 30 Points



Those chaps look nicely creepy Barks. Well worth 50 points.

TamsinP

21 comments:

  1. Nice work on these guys, and good conversions. Pity about the Y webbing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see the Y-webbing has survived into a future time :)

    Well done Barks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool! The colour scheme works as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sander! There’s a lot of potential for colour schemes here.

      Delete
  4. Great looking snide guardsmen!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, one would have thought in the far future they'd know better than wearing Y-webbing in battle... be that as it may, the painting is of course very nice! The colour scheme makes me instantly think of them fighting in an urban environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted them to match some of my cultists. I think that a proper camp scheme would work well.

      Delete
  6. Not your usual run of the mill falschirmjäger but still cool.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete