Friday 21 February 2020

From GrahameH - Pipers Peak - Gebirgsjager - German Mountain Troops (230 points)



Pipers Peak - something to do with mountains. Resisting the urge to to paint ski troops in white camouflage displayed on a white sheet, I painted some German Gebirgsjager in colours that might show up better. However, I  have started Curtis idea for a 54mm Klingon Bird of Prey with it cloaking device switched on😊

These are all 15mm, mainly Battlefront, with a few Peter Pig . I already had two battalions of these, painted for “Rapid Fire” and I needed a third battalion. However, the Battlefront figures varied so much in scale to each other I lost the will. However, given that I had to find something to do with mountains it was a bit of a no brainier. I don’t think Battlefront make these anymore so I was a few figures short especially in respect of the crewed weapons. So Peter Pig models with drafted in with a few head swaps.

A Battalion of  37 Mountain  Infantry (74pts)
Gun Company. AT Gun, Mortar, IG Gun, and some Transport ( 18 x 2 including  cart, mortar  & mules 36pts and 10 pts for the guns) total 46pts
The MG Company. Two MGs and a Mortar (9 men with weapons) 18 pts
Then I went back and started filling in the gaps from the previous two battalions.

The IG Guns and MGs (  the MGs and one of the guns doesn’t count as it is in the other Photos (6 figures 2 guns 22 pts)
Two more MGs. These the Peter Pig head swaps (12pts)

More transport, and AT element ( total 10 figures including cart 20pts)
RHQ and a sniper team. I may have to add a few figures the this HQ (8 pts]
Think that brings my total to 200 pts for this entry plus 30 for the island challenge.

I fancy a trip by balloon next but the only female figure I have unpainted is Joan of Arc being burnt at the stake. Not very PC. Better  buy another figure.



Wahey! I get to minion a post for my own island location! I must say I approve of these mountain troops - very fitting to the location's theme. And thoroughly deserving of the 230 points.

TamsinP

13 comments:

  1. Great looking mountain infantry. Well done Grahame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Battlefront has done away with so many of their metal figures as part of their debasement to the false gods of plastic...it's sad. Nice to see these fellows, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stuff. I have some if these and they are nice to paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mountain troops!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a nice bunch of Gebirgsjäger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 🎈Lady Sarah’s Balloon Service is thrilled to have “encouraged” you to buy more female figures💃, Up, Up and Away in the beautiful Balloon 🎈

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the support troops and donkeys!

    ReplyDelete