Friday 21 February 2020

From Pete F: 15mm (ish) Sci Fi Vehicle for Fran's Fjord (38 points)



The good thing about flying SciFi vehicles is that you can make them work at any scale. At 54mm this could be a bomb disposal drone; at 28mm an Andhak scout; at 15mm a small artillery platform; and at 6mm a mega cannon.



For this submission the floaty thing with a gun is a 15mm artillery platform. It was the only item on my shelf of shame that came close to the requirements of Fran's Fjord. I welcomed the opportunity to paint it.



This is a Path of Imagination colour scheme - it might look a little LA Lakery although that was not the original intent. I wanted to try out colours that might work in my next sci-fi or fantasy army so this floating gun is my test piece.



I'm hoping to have time to visit every location on Challenge Island before time is up - hard to believe that's less than a month away. Schoolwork (I'm retraining for a fifth career) is eating into what might otherwise be painting time but a sprint to the finish is planned. We have some early spring weather here - almost warm enough for priming some more plastic in the garage.

Scoring as a 15mm vehicle for 8 points plus 30 for the new location.



That's a very colourful floaty thing Pete. Well worth the 38 points for submitting it as an entry for Fran's Fjord.

TamsinP


7 comments: