Friday 21 February 2020

From MartinN: Soviet Infantry Section (45 points)

Some of you might remember I've been slowly, very slowly, building a Soviet platoon. Initially this was for use with the Operation Squad set of rules, later on for Bolt Action. In 2018 it's latest incarnation came in the form of a Tank Rider Platoon for use with Chain of Command. All of these various forces had one in common: They were never really playable. Well, until today! This last section of Tank Riders and accompanying PTRD AT-rifle give me a full Platoon of these hardy veterans.


As of yet I have no plans on expanding this force significantly, but who knows? The Eureka range of Soviet figures looks tasty albeit somewhat expensive. That said I'm not keen on all the figures wearing the "Telogreika" padded jacket. So I'm likely to wait for them to release infantry in summer dress. One thing is rather certain though, I will not continue with those Warlord plastics. First the Soviet Infantry is one of their oldest sets and it shows. Second they're a huge pain in the back to put together. And third they're just a tad too bulky for my liking nowadays.





Eight kneeling and a prone figure should be worth 42.5 points. So how about 43 points for the whole lot?



43 points? For such lovely painting and for bringing yourself up to a full, playable platoon of these chaps I'm going to ignore the proneness of the prone figure!

TamsinP

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, always amazing Nick. Regarding Warlord's plastic Soviets, I can't agree enough - they are awful to assemble, just dreadful.

    But the brushwork is incredible as always! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic looking Soviets, even if they're a pain to build!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord these are amazing. Those faces! Wow. Terrific brushwork Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Curt, your painting is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Nick.
    If you are looking for more lovely Soviets I recently did some of the Artizan ones and they were lovely to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual Nick just superb work! I'm very interested to try some gaming set in Russia so these will work great for that. As of yet we haven't seen how Russians play out in CoC.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete