Monday 24 February 2020

From AndrewE - Afrika Korp 28mm reinforcements - pt2 - 45pts

With a tournament looming, you always end up needing to paint "just a couple more models" and so it was the case for Bolt Action at CanCon 2020 (Australia's biggest Bolt Action tournament).  I had most of the army sorted and done, but needed a couple of tanks and one last rifle toting infantry (something about miscounting models....)

To complement the rest of my army I had painted up two Panzer III G's (in BA rules - light tank with a medium AT gun and some machine guns).  These tanks are nice and small, a little fragile but still pack a decent punch with their main gun.  And are cheap to boot (so you can have 2).  They are also not the usual Panzer III models, so I had to get them as resin kits (instead of some of the beautiful plastic kits that are around these days).  These guys where really nice but a lot harder to find.

The Panzer's were from Blitzkrieg miniatures who make a great range of vehicles and often the harder to find ones.  Making sure you wash them properly for the paint to stick was key.  I used the Army Painter Skeleton Bone undercoat\primer which is a great paint.








The foot slogger was done in the same style as my previous DAK infantry, with strong highlights and bleached bone style base.




Overall, Cancon was a great event as usual with 5 enjoyable games that could have gone either way quiet easily (even the ones I lost!).  

Next stop - Aussies!
Nice looking Mark IIIS Andrew, I like that you've gone off piste on your selection of models.  
What make are the tanks?  I'm sure Challengers will be interested to know the source.  Also any issues with flake gate as per Yarkshire Ken?   45 points it is.  

Don't forget to add labels to your post-  I've tagged this with your name and a few basics.  I believe that CanCon was a few weeks ago - how did the tourney go for you?  Did you give the Desert Rats hell?
PeterD

5 comments: