Monday 24 February 2020

from RayR - The Generals (32 points)



 What more Donnybrook!!!

Yes more Donnybrook!


 And I still haven't had another game yet! 


I did plan on these Casting Room WSS pack of figures to be my entry onto
Rousell's Sandhill, but the Badger wouldn't fit under the table!


I've had this set here, for a few years now and its been undercoated since Challenge 8, but its not made it onto the Painting desk for either of the last 2 Challenges.




So it was great to finally get them done!

As these are WSS figures I needed to get rid of their tricorns, so scaple and saw in hand I went about cutting and reshaping hats.


This chap has a new ECW Warlord hat.


As does this chap!


I managed to bend down, this ones hat to a flatter version.


This figure has had his hat cut away from his hand, so I placed a new hat for him on the table.


Lastly, I did bugger all with this figures hat!

As for the points......
25 for the figures
and and another 5? for the table and chairs???
And perhaps a few points for the conversion work?
You never know your luck!


Nice work Ray, but we really need to see you post a Donnybrook  game report here. Much as it pains me to do so, I find myself awarding you a couple of points for the hat conversions.

TmsinP

16 comments:

  1. Nice work on these figures and table Ray, with some great conversions. These guys look like our gaming group when one particular member insists on one of his “innovative” battle plans regardless of what the rest of us think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm? We have a few of those in our group, no names mentioned!

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking conversions, nice painting, they'll look great in a game, just saying!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice but where is the game report ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking vignette and excellent millinery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work Ray. I particularly like the table with the contentious battleplan.

    Now, no more Donnybrook entries until you show us a proper game of it. (Tough love, I know.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a bad man Mr Snowlord. You'll get your game don't worry. How long have I got?

      Delete
    2. Why, until March 20th then its curtains.

      Delete
  6. With all those generals around the table it's sure to end in a racous squabble right? Lovely hatted fobs Ray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sander, I think they gave up and hit the booze!

      Delete