Monday 24 February 2020

ChristopherS : Fallschirmjäger Tank Hunters (35pts.)


I decided to add some more support options to my force with some important anti- tank options in the form of a couple deadly panzerschreks and some nasty panzerfausts plus a  Panzerbüchuse 38 Anti-tank rifle followed up by 5cm mortar team to keep the enemies heads down.


I had two of same models for the panzerfausts but by changing up their uniform I think that really helps for them not to look like repeats.


You may have noticed that all the Crusader miniatures are sculpted in the early war uniforms and I kept them that way without any late war camo. I did this for two reasons one being that troops wearing early uniforms works fine in the late war and second at some point I also want to build an early war Fallschirmjäger force and the Crusader figures will help towards that goal.


I hope this overhead shot works as I wanted to better show what the base and the prone figures look like that is a bit harder to see when looking head on.

As usual for my 20th century figures and beyond  I used mostly Vallejo paints and MIG  pigments for the dusting to get the colors I want.


Some people speculate what theater I designed these for and mostly it was for Normandy with some Italian veterans and of course Italy itself.

I still have some more fallschirmjäger on the way, but starting to see a small crack of light at the end of the tunnel, however still some ways to go yet before the job is done.
So that's 4 prone and 4 standing 28mm figures which I believe comes to 30pts.

Thanks for viewing!
Miniature Company-Artizan, Crusader

Nice work on these Fallschirmjagers Christopher.  I'm not enough of a rivet head to tell the difference between early and late war uniforms, so I'll let others begin the Y-webbing critiques.  They look great to me and I especially like the overhead shots of the weapons teams  which are very nicely based.  I have Crusader figures for SYW and El Cid and ave to say I like their sculpts, very clean cast with subtle variations.    FYI which figures are Crusader and which are Artizan?

I'll bump your score up to 35 for those nice bases.
PeterD

9 comments:

  1. I love the expressions and the basing is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owman, these are gorgeous Christophers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very nice indeed Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look excellent Chris! You really perfected your technique for Fallschirmjäger it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic fallschirmjagers! The basing is excellent too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone!

    @Peter
    The prone figures are Crusader and the standing are Artizan.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete