Friday 25 December 2020

From DaveS - Pit of the Pendulum

 First, and most importantly, Happy Christmas to everyone.

I have now had a chance to paint the second of my models that were purchased in order to have material for the Chambers.  This is a "Nightmare" from Wizkids, and I couldn't help but think that it fit the bill for something terrifying.

The model itself came in clear plastic, and while I could have painted it up as a pitch black horse, it seemed far more fitting to do something a bit different, and therefore I have only painted the mane, tail and other hair as flames.  I think that it looks reasonable, although I have no idea how well the paint will adhere, as this isn't primed unlike most of their range.


I'm fairly happy with the result and think that it "reads" as flame.  I could try making the base of the flaming areas brighter, but I like the idea of a subdued, smokey flame that doesn't really give out light.





I think that this is another 25 points (28mm model, plus 20 for the chamber), as it would be a little rude to try and score this as cavalry.

In the background of the photos, you can see the Orcs that I am supposed to be painting for my bloodbowl team.

9 comments:

  1. Bad pun, nice work. What you got distracted from your supposed main focus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work on this lovely figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific work on the Nightmare. I really like the juxtaposition of the ghostly body next to the base, flaming mane and tail. Wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great interpretation and painting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea for this chamber!! Imagination flying high

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool Dave! I love the mix of ethereal and real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that,its literally on fire 🔥
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking flaming horse!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flames are very effective, lovely ghostly horse!

    ReplyDelete