Friday 25 December 2020

From MilesR: Republican Roman Allies in 6mm (225 Points)

 

Mt second submission for Challenge XI are some Spanish & Italian allies for my Republican Roman army.  Again these are all 6mm Baccus figures.  First up are 45 Spanish Light Cavalry, mounted 5 to a base.


The second group are 6 bases of Spanish Caetratii (light troops) - just the chaps for scampering over rugged Iberian terrain while harassing those dreaded Carthaginians.
The final Spanish formation are 4 bases of Scutarii medium/heavy infantry.  
4 bases of Italian Medium Cavalry, mounted 5 to a base.
4 bases of Samnite medium Infantry, each with 24 figures.  Both the Scutarii and Samnites can double as Guals and maybe even Germans in a pinch.


15 Mounted Roman generals.  I've learned that it pays to easily indicate the chain of command for miniature games, so each base size represent a different type of rank.
Lastly, a shot of the completed Republican Roman army.  Not bad for 4 days painting.  "Completed" might be an overstatement as I do need to add a few more Triarii and likely some other bits.

Next up on the 6mm Ancients hit parade - Parthians

Points-wise, this submission has:

240 Infantry = 120 points
105 Mounted - 105 points
Total = 225 Points

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all of you - I hope you are all having a wonderful day


16 comments:

  1. Gob. Smacked.

    Wow, you're on fire Miles. Terrific work! The army looks brilliant all arrayed and ready for battle. Looking forward to the Parthians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A - maz - ing!
    The army looks sickeningly great. I'd follow suit, if only I could see 6mm figures.
    So, by my count, that's only 17,390 points to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Miles, they look wonderful all lined. You try tellin Samnites that they can pass as Gauls or Germans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always found Smanites to be very open minded about these things

      Delete
  4. Wow, Miles, lovely work! Are those 60mm bases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using 40mm square bases - that's the standard for "Age of Hannibal" which are the rules we use at the club

      Delete
  5. A marvelous looking army and an incredible amount of work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stop it Miles, give us a fighting chance will you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be slowing up soon. To be honest I was passing the time as this Christmas was a bit lonely with my wife working the COVIS wards and the whole lock down thing. It was just me, my brushes and several very nice bottles of Malbec. Not the worst of ordeals for sure but I am very much looking forward to a post covid world. I did notice a funny thing - as each day wore on and the Malbec level in a bottle went down my actual painting quality declined while my assessment of said painting quality went up. Funny how that works.

      Delete
  7. Another tsunami od tint but greatly executed models here from Miles... impossible to catch you up with such productivity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid Roman army in record time!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Top output, as if one Republican Army vs my 1 Republican base wasn't bad enough, now its two armies 🤣
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cracking pace mate . excellent

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's flabbergasting. They look great, I like the little variations on the Spaniards's shields. An impressive collection!

    ReplyDelete