Friday 25 December 2020

From SanderS: First Post is Away! (70 points)

 Hoi Folks!


Let's start with whishing all of you a Merry Christmas and all the Health for 2021, we surely can use it.

It's incredible that the Challenge has come round again, taking part ever since Challeng V, I couldn't stay away. Oh and if I would have tried not entering, the Lad would have coerced me into it anyway. What surprises me is the amount of post and figures that all of you have already put up here. Corona has been a big drain on my hobby time, being a teacher I need to work on anyway and online-teaching takes more preparation than regular teaching, so yeah: Corona sucks big time.

So what's up for this years Challenge? Well I have two big projects going, a friend of mine Martijn, is the owner of the FLGS and has bribed me to paint his Warlord Games Stalingrad Collectors box and that has got to be finished soon so that's my main project. The second one is the Battletech figures I had lying around and received from the recent Clan Invasion Kickstarter. There's a huge backlog of figures left prepped from last years Challenge so I will try and use them for the Chambers of Challenge. 

My first post is just 7 figures big, since I am having to do a lot of marking of tests my pupils did before we had to go in our second lockdown. These are some Warlord French Napoleonic Chasseurs a Cheval (also for Martijn by the way) and I'd like to enter them in the Napoleonics Duel Ray, but NOT for the Cavalry duel as these will probably be my only mounted unit.




7 mounted figures in 28mm should net me my first 70 points of the Challenge.

For now that's it, enjoy the Holidays and stay safe!


Sander

22 comments:

  1. Lovely work on these chasseurs! I've got some lined up somewhere!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressed by the first photo, you're a braver man than me! The chasseurs are great, one can never have enough since they may be underrepresented on your average wargames table. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, yeah well like I said much of the to do figures were left over from last year so there's a chance they will be forewarded to next year...

      Delete
  3. Great to see you back, Sander, and great that you're managing to squeeze some quality painting time in between teaching, marking and preparation. I taught distance learning courses for around 30 years, and I feel your pain!
    Lovely chasseurs. Always good to see Napoleonic cavalry take the field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noel, thanks for your supportive words, I really need them. Regarding the painting: seeing your last WI article I am expecting some nice ship from you ;-)

      Cheers Mate!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back Sander! It's wonderful to have you in the mix again. These Chasseurs look brilliant and very nicely based as well. That is a very daunting 'to do' pile!! I look forward to seeing how much you managage to work through of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome again Sander! The Chasseurs are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent start to your challenge Sander! And what do you mean by „just 7 figures“? I managed just one as of yet... and that one wasn’t even mounted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, you're probably right, but usually I like to start off with something more memorable.

      Delete
  7. Love those Chasseurs Sander, not the same cache as Hussards but did a lot of the real work. Love the uniforms, especially the single breasted jacket and colpak on the trumpeter. Great to see you back. Don’t be too rough on your students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, sure Hussards are the Bees knees but these are great fun too!

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking cavalry. I'm looking forward to seeing those Mechs get painted up. I think I have a few to do myself actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Stuart, I have some tester figures for the new plastic mechs in the works. Will ttry to get them done soonish

      Delete
  9. This Chasseurs look excellent. I did paint some myself a few years back but not at the same level of quality

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smashing Sander, great to see you back and kicking off with some lovely Chasseurs 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete