Saturday 30 January 2021

From KyleC - Warp tribute for Sarah - 75pts

So I need to get to the tomb as I have quite a few skulls that are in need of painting.. And I mean.. A lot... ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Right and now the tribute.. And their followers.. 

Triple threat here of bad ass take no prisoner ladies here.. All of these are the resin mercs by Forgeworld that I have painted up for a local mate here in exchange for a shed load of terrain for the home gaming... Which was really cool to get!

Quite a few followers.. From what I am told its almost the entire merc force for Necromunda.. So each got to be painted slightly differently and freely in the end. 


Both sets were painted separately but figured I would post them together here. And no idea why the first photos are so hazy.. Probably muggy lens on my cell phone again.. 

But yeah... So 10 28mm figures for 50 pts and a 40mm dog(?) for 7 pts and Sarah's tribute for 20 pts. Giving me 77 pts to finish January... And I say that as I hadn't know how well January was for me for painting until I was chatting with some mates about it.. Seems I have painted a "few" models this month let alone in the comp so far... 


So I lined them all up together on the display counter and was pretty impressed.. Only the Fowls were missing as they are being used for playtesting Honk with my buddies kids.. 

But then there you would see a full 170 models painted for January... Like.. Um.. ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ Yeah.. And February I am planning another few large projects.. Let's get crazy here yah??? ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

16 comments:

  1. Wow! some great Necro-happy there Kyle, I'm sure Her Ladyship will be most satisfied with your offering.

    Great progress shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome Kyle, I’ve never seen these FW minis. The guy with the ammo box and big hound are my favourites. No doubt your friend had to sell a kidney or three to collect these.

    Having tweaked Ken’s points earlier, I have nudged yours to a 75 total. That hound doesn’t hit 40mm for me, sorry! As a fickle minion, I’ve got to at least leave a veneer of fairness every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, and no worries. My points totals are not fully correct as a post is not included in the final tally as it is right now anyways. I am more happy on being back to painting more than anything else!

      And yeah, I am not sure how much it cost him for the models there..I just do the paint :D

      Delete
  3. These all look fantastic! I see two skullz, any more? Looking forwards to your upcoming Tomb post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess? But yeah.. the next post wont be for a bit, but there will be more than a few skulls included ;)

      Delete
  4. So much character in these fabulously painted minis. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid looking gang members and the January shot is awesome!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strange creatures and very attractively painted. I liked them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking bunch of Necromunda figures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Kyle, I love the character of these models, and I'm delighted that the Challenge has been such a good motivating influence for you. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been a huge turn around from previous years. But I think the lack of moving house (again) has really helped.. and that we are finally putting down roots here. So can put effort into something other than realtors, packing, and finding a new place to live!

      Delete
  9. Great painting Kyle, I knew that you had a great month and here’s the proof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its been a blue january for mental health, but this has put a smile on my face that I was so productive in one area at least! And just prepping February's lot now ;) Should make January look small if I can manage it :D

      Delete
  10. Great looking characters there. I have some of them in the queue, somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Kyle, these figs are super and you've really done them justice, nice one ๐Ÿ‘
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete