Sunday 17 January 2021

From TeemuL: Lady Sararwen, Level 1 Sorceress (30 points)

After the pest encounter, S.N Owl-Ord continued his walk in the lower levels of the Miskatonic University, when he finely some homely light ahead. He entered the chamber and saw a young woman in blue gown. "Lady Sararwen, I presume", he said, completely ignoring the impossible-to-him sword on the lady's hand. "Well, I've been called by many names, I guess you are correct", came the reply. "You seem a bit lost, old friend", she continued and spotted the flask on Uggla's hand. "Is that white port, there?" "Well, erm, I guess this is more red than white and I'm not sure about the port either, but I think I am bit lost, actually", Shellington answered. "I believe I took a wrong turn somewhere on my way to the Chamber of...". "Chamber of Grey?", interrupted the lady, "I can take you there, but let's first take a quaff of that fine beverage of yours." Shellington was thinking about the Chamber of Principal, but it most likely is grey like everything else here, so Lady Sararwen was most likely correct, she was teaching logistics or transportation or something like that, she should know where everything is. And a quaff of some fine port, that would make good to his nerves and rest would welcome too, Principal would not be expecting him immediately. And the lady looked thirsty as well, almost like 4 weeks without a decent drink...


As I follow the journeys of the good old S.N. Owl-Ord in the Chambers of Challenge, we next meet Level 1 Sorceress, who will be taking us to the Chamber of Grey. Level 1 Sorceress today is Arwen from the Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring era. I had to open the blister with green background to get this entry started, so I guess she has been waiting for a long time to be painted.

I used four different blues on the dress, trying to make it look very thing and light and have multiple layers, then there's of course some purple, pink and red with orange highlights elsewhere. I tried to keep the skin very light as well, which suits an elven noble. The black hair got only a very soft grey drybrush. There is a hint of pink on the lips.


A very nice miniature indeed to paint, especially when trying to put some effort on the dress, bit different than rough military uniforms. Arwen is a magic user, so she will give me 5 bonus points.

5 points for a 28mm GW miniature (152 total for the GW side Challenge)

20 points for the room bonus, Level 1 Sorceress

5 bonus points for sorceress

30 point in total, or even more...

Here's a work in progress photo of my painting session...

18 comments:

  1. Great work, Teemu, and a fine backstory as well !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sid, let's see how far I can write the story

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking sorceress!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not that much of s fan of Liv, but this was a nice mini.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sara-wen came out very nicely. You have the right idea on painting equipment

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Equipments are important, inspiration must come from somewhere.

      Delete
  4. That bottle of port is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is coming along, let's see how far it gets.

      Delete
  5. Really nice work on this mini.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the blues work very well, Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noel, I have a Blood Bowl dwarf team in blue and light blue colors, so I have some experience, but elven clothes are different than those of dwarves.

      Delete
  7. Super job, scary lass with big sword !
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really looks like someone who can take a bunch of Ringwraiths by herself.

      Delete