Sunday 17 January 2021

From BenitoM: Eearly Imperial Roman Auxilia (40 points)

Unlike in previous years, in this year's Challenge I decided not to focus my attention on a particular project, but to use the leftovers of other year's projects and try to complete some of the armies that still score as work in progress in my cupboards.


This is one example. In late 2019 I decided to build a couple of Ancient armies in anticipation to the publication of Infamy! Infamy!  by Too Fat Lardies (I participated in the testing phase). I repainted some very old Foundry Celts/Britons acquired in the 80s and bought a few Victirx bags for the Romans.

 


This is the third unit of the Auxilia list, so there is one more to go to complete my army, which I expect to do before the end of the current Challenge.

The models are (very high- ) 28mm  plastic Victrix. Shields are transfers from the same manufacturer. Note that Foundry and Victrix do not mix well at all, as the former are truly 25mm while the latter are closer to 30 mm rather than to 28 mm. Nonetheless, I discovered in the very few games played in 2020, that if you build homogenous armies, the difference is hardly noticeable when pitching both armies against each other on a table.

 


There is no specific bonus attached to this entry, therefore I will score the 40 points (8 minis @5 points each)  for this entry. 

18 comments:

  1. Lovely looking Auxilia! Interesting standard!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent looking figures Benito!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work here, the bright colours and the shield decals make for a sharp looking unit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work, Benito! These are really nice, and I love the shields. I am totally in agreement with you that the size difference in the figures across units, and even within units, tends to drift away once the troops are on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on these Benito, I've been avoiding the Infamy! Infamy! bug for a while, but I can see me eventually getting sucked in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Benito! I'm like you this year - adding and finishing mostly. Similar to Paul, I'm sure I'll get sucked into the Infamy Infamy vortex sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of those green shields

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! That's a striking green.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking auxilia Benito. Love the green shields. It’s a pity that manufacturers can’t agree on figure scale but I agree that if each unit looks good then you’re all good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work Benito! The red tunics contrast surprisingly nicely with the green shields.

    ReplyDelete