Sunday 17 January 2021

from RayR - The Chamber of Darkness - The Grey, Curtgeld 45pts

 



Another entry into the Chamber of Challenge....

The Chamber of Darkness: For this chamber challenge, you’ll need to paint a model in luxurious greyscale. Quick, buy some more Vallejo “Neutral Grey”, dear Challengers!



Curt asked for something grey, so A Grey it what he got!
I've had this figure for a number of years, waiting for the opportunity to use it in a bonus round, so now's the time.
The figure is from Avolak Castings, who I think are now out of business, Here's a link to their Facebook page, its not been updated since 2015!
My little Grey will also be my Cost to Enter into the Challenge, so it will hopefully find a new home who will appreciate it!.


My Grey will earn me 5 points for the figure, 20 points for the Chamber bonus and a further 20 points as its my Cost of Entering the Challenge 
Making a Grand total of 45 pts!

16 comments:

  1. Very grey Ray, and nicely done too. I’d been expecting you to contort yourself into pretzel shapes to fit these themes but you seem to be playing by the rules so far. Are you feeling ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Pretzel, its Monster Munch shapes!. I must admit while painting the figure, I had the usual Herbert Lom twitchy eye.

      Delete
  2. Good looking alien! You've gone really sci fi this challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect looking grey, Ray! Really nice and as grey-scale as they come!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and fitting for a grey theme Ray. I may suggest one thing though, maybe use some brush on gloss coat over his eyes, it should make them really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea Byron. I'll do that. I was originally gonna paint him with yellow eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent.
    Grey: "Take me to your leader"
    Me: "You would be better coming back Thursday"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking alien, a perfect choice for the chamber's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great "Grey" Alien, once met something like him in a back lane in Otley 🛸
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete