Sunday 17 January 2021

From Dallas: Hasslefree Gromli, Dwarf Lord, in the Hall of Ancestors (25 points)

Next up is the Hall of Ancestors... and when you think of ancestors, in terms of fantasy tropes, you think of the Dwarves. They're fairly ancestor-obsessed, so I reckon painting a nice Hasslefree Dwarf should fit into the dungeon room theme nicely.

As you'll see farther down in the post, I've already painted a bunch of very nice Hasslefree Dwarf castings - in fact I got them on my visit to Salute 2012, so they've been around for awhile. However, while the Hasslefree Dwarf packs are outstanding models in themselves, they need a leader... 

Enter Gromli, also from the Hasslefree range. A really nice little model and fairly well suited to the style of the Hasslefree multipacks.


Here's the full group of Hasslefree Dwarves I've painted. I think my favourite is still probably "Adalheid", the female dwarf in the green dress. What a fantastic model! However I think Gromli fits in well there too... I was thinking that maybe he was Adalheim's dad...?

Another chamber completed in the Dungeon! Next up is the Guardroom, I've got some models ready to submit for that one shortly...

Stay safe everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Great looking dwarf and definitely correct for this chamber!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great dwarf to add to the collection! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great figure. Ain’t nobody holding an ancient feud like a dwarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice dwarf Dallas, and I love the group shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks like the serious, paternal type. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a great collection of dwarves there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dwarf Ancestors.. yup! Check! Nice work there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking Dwarf, great group pic too 😀
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete