Friday 31 December 2021

LeeH - More Berbers, Casualties and Goats (115 Points)

Another one of my less enjoyable Christmas traditions is catching a cold for the holidays. My Christmas cold went straight to my chest so I have been hacking my lungs up for a week and it has kicked nine bells out of me. It's not COVID, but it's doing a good impression of it! Needless to say, this has taken a toll on my painting time. However, I am feeling a little better and in the last couple of days, I have managed to pick up the brushes and get back to the desert. My usual method is to have several painting projects on the go at the same time so I can flit between them while I wait for the paint or varnish to dry on the last one. Usually, this means a consistent series of completed jobs but this time I finished three all around the same time. In a bid to reduce the Snowlords workload I have combined them into a single post. 


First off I have three units of Berber riflemen. I have kept the colour scheme simple on these, partly because I still feel pretty grotty, but also because I’m reserving my energy for a load of Berber Cavalry currently waiting in the wings. Trying to find reference pictures for these that aren’t monochrome has been quite difficult so I’m having to use a lot of poetic licence. 



I also completed a set of casualty markers which include an interesting selection of sculpts not only of the dead but wounded figures. I’ll have to get some more of these because I think they will really enhance a games table, especially as the battle progresses. 



Lastly, I have a bit of whimsey with a lone Goatherd and his flock. The Figure is a converted casualty figure with his sword removed and a ‘stick’ put in its place (involving a tiny tiny drill and a very steady hand!). The Goats are from Pendraken and although they are 15mm scale the models are only about 5-6mm tall so I’m counting these as 6mm for the purpose of points (so half a point each). 


Next on the paint table are a load of Berber Cavalary so that will keep me busy for a few days. 


Points Scoring:
Berbers - 36x15mm Foot = 72 Points
Casualties - 18x15mm Foot = 36 Points
Goatherder - 10x15mm Animals (treat as 6mm) + 1x15mm Foot = 7 Points

________________________

More Berbers, wonderful stuff Lee! I particularly like that goatheard and his passel of goats (great work modding the casualty figure for the herdsman).

though you may have been feeling under the weather, you're output has been impressive. I look forward to the upcoming cavalry.

- Curt

15 comments:

  1. get well soon and some lovely painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice output! I try to follow the same method S you, several different groups at the same time on several different stages. Then there is always something to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for a swift recovery Lee. Loving these berbers, and the goats are just wonderful. I’d th8ng of them as the tribes wealth on the hoof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Lee. They're lovely for 15mm and the basing style really brings them to life. Looking forward to the cavalry! Get well soon mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you’re well on your way to feeling better. You’ve done a remarkable job in spite of not feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well soon Lee, we would like to see many more of these excellent figures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work on those little fella's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking Berbers,love the goats and goatherd!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smashing Lee, this is growing nicely 👍

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Berbers are great, and the goatherd is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete