Friday 31 December 2021

From MartinC: Arda Lizardman General (30pts-ish)

So my first venture into the quadrant is to the planet of Arda and the figure that got me started on the lizardman army. I was randomly surfing figures and found Sundered Studios on Etsy. I have never used Etsy and never successfully bought 3D prints - too much sanding needed. But the figure was so fab I took the plunge.

This Lizardman General (maybe a wizard) with his pet feathered serpent is an amazing figure

I love all of it

I found the feathers a little hard to paint but I have more to practice on

The feather serpent just looks evil and ready to strike.

So 2x 28mm figures with the quadrant bonus = 30pts

Have a great new year

___________________________________

Oh wow, he's absolutely fabulous, Martin! I love how his 'pet' is coiled protectively around him and that mace thingy is very impressive. Great work on the colours and basing. He's a centrepiece for sure.

- Curt

28 comments:

  1. That’s a great piece Martin and fantastic work on him and his steed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great mini and you have done a good job with it! Nice end for 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome mini! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Martin.! The subtle stripers on the serpent and the crest treatment is really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only are the figures top notch, the basing is awesome too! Great work Martin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous piece and brushwork Martin, I like that figure too!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive paint job, I especially like the shades of serpent red :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Painted it orange and the gave it a red wash with vallejo red wash (surprisingly). Love coloured washes

      Delete
  8. Love the red! Nice work Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome looking general/vignette!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a really cool figure Martin, love it 😀

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well done Martin! Really like the sculpt, they almost look like lovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, I understand what you mean, it it's a little creepy

      Delete
  12. Very nice figure(s?), Martin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, will have a nice post for you to minion tomorrow

      Delete