Thursday 17 February 2022

From AlanD: Low Budget Fun (Babylon 5) (50 points)

When Paul O'G moved house last year, I bought him and his family a gnome. And because I am basically a hateful person, I bought a hateful gnome.

Paul's wife, being a better person than I will ever be, couldn't bring herself to let the 'Go Away' message stand, so added the second line to make unwanted guests feel a little better as they sadly left the premises. 

Anyway, I stole the gnome, obviously.

In the spirit of the low budget fun that positively abounds on Babylon 5, I repainted him as a border guard in the GnomeKVD, the little-known branch of the secret police raised in 1932 to protect Soviet toadstools and snails, and provide security around Stalin's dacha. I'm not sure about GnomeKVD rank insignia, but I think this one is a sergeant. I'm not sure what that is in Russian as I don't know the correct gnomenclature. 


Today, with the assistance of one of my kids, we undertook a stealth mission to return the gnome to the O'G household, where I trust he will undertake his guard duties diligently. Suggestions for his name should be put in the comments below.

As for points...wow, heaps, obviously.😊 Seriously, I have no idea, and any crumbs Barks throws my way will be gratefully received. Technically, he is a 300mm miniature, but the paint job was not exactly challenging. Something plus 20 points for the planet bonus will be ace.


Gnomenclature... have thirty points, and get out of my sight.

Barks

13 comments:

  1. Were you walking,
    down the high street,
    when you came up with this entry?

    (and if you didn't start reading that in David Bowie's voice and to a certain tune, shame on you!)

    That's a fun painting project, Alan! Lovely stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should be Gnomeo. No other name will do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much better than the original, good job and lovely idea, Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gnome wars. He is likely stationed at the Gnome Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMFAO. Very good.
    Gnome Chomsky?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me giggle! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking NKVD gnome, who knew there was such a thing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charming story and gesture.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete