Thursday 24 March 2022

DavidB wrap up and vacation



My first few entries were the gifts painted above. Since Razor is off to Northern Michigan and trespassing in teenaged son's bedrooms is akin to slow dancing with Cthulu...the entry pictures will suffice.
This was a very happy indulgence  this outing. I am still adjusting to being back home and enjoying the little things like having bed, food, and bathroom under the same roof! Simple luxury! My leg is healed from surgery and I'm back to light jogging and walking soon rucking with heavy pack and attempting to beat past record times.


This was how my desk looked from day one of the challenge. I have since packed all paints and untouched miniatures away and did a much needed cleaning of debris in the man cave. Currently I am relaxing in a nice hotel with close friends and taking a small vacation before stepping up in physical training and securing a mortgage for our home....definitely need the peace and tranquility before confronting Bankers! ;)

I was not quite able to fill the field desk  like i have in past challenges, but I am happy to have converted a good foot hill of the Mountain-of-Neglect into playable game pieces.
It was also a treat to be amoung like minded hobbyists and being exposed to games, genres, and miniatures thatI may even look for here at Adepticon.
Although I wasnt able to comment directly to every post, I have marked my favorites. Whether I was performing military duries or protecting the power plant, a big part of my day was viewing the email with my morning coffee.

Now, I and the Iron Snakes( and unfinished Orlocks) are in Illinois at Adepticon. The crowd is enthusiastic and rather large. Large enough I have been enjoying more of the Schaumburg air than the convention sights! I did see the GW teasers...Greg and the rest of the Heresy fans are going to be pretty happy this year( save some money for this summer)  I also have been snagged by the small shapeway company Pop Goes the Monkey. They are keen to see the Iron Snakes up close as my companions were bragging about them. Only a little anxiety there...and here I am carting them about in a cardboard box till I can proper trays for them! 

Thank you all for an enjoyable outing this round. A very special thanks to The Snowlord, Lady Sarah, Tuesday Minion Tamsin, the rest of Team Minion, and the cat herders tallying the side duels. I'm going to have a few words with the smurf behind me and gather some projects for when the snows return after the Autumn winds.

PS I only have the mustache( cannot grow a beard-looks like mange!) as not only is it the only reminder of my used to be black hair, but it also annoys my wife! She also says it must be gone before I return home.

16 comments:

  1. Excellent work David. Go team Iron Snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great output, David! It was a pleasure to host you on Team Tuesday. Have a great time at Adepticon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection, David. Love the moustache!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a treat to see your work David. Heal up and enjoy the Con.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some grest figures Dave, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super output of impressive figures, on your advice I have purchased my first pot of contrast paint!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of output Dave, enjoy and get well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your posts - good luck with the mustachectomy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers to a fellow Tuesday teammate! Have fun at Adepticon. Great to hear you’re all healed up from your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your excellent miniatures Dave! Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was fabulous having you back this year Dave. I'm so happy to hear that you're settling back in to Civvy Street. You had a great Challenge and I especially liked your Iron Snakes and White Scars. Have a wonderful three seasons and we'll see you back next year for winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Dave, hope your leg mends soon. Certainly nothing wrong with your brush hand!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just got home from Adepticon ourselves and just now looked at the blogsite. Maybe next Adepticon we'll have a pint and BS about the challenge. Nice work Dave.

    ReplyDelete