Thursday 24 March 2022

From PeterB. AHPC wrap up. The hobby butterfly strikes again

I said it all in my last post really, but thank you all for a wonderful first challenge. My target was a modest 500 points as I wasn't sure on my speed or spare time, but post Christmas I managed to post at least one post a week. I originally felt being a newbie and not competitive at all to finish near the bottom of the table wouldn't be a problem. Then halfway through it looked like a top ten finish was a possibility. I was pipped at the post however by the excellent last minute efforts from Tamsin and Millsy, a fact I am totally content with. (Shaky fist!) 

In all seriousness though, I really just wanted to get the project done that had been haunting me, sat on my official GW painting tray for nigh on two years. My Zulu War Perry Plastics. Well, goal achieved. I had great fun painting and getting all the great feedback (my personal blogging comments section remains thinly commented in comparison.) Many other models were painted too and my lead pile is looking diminished. (They never empty do they?)

I had multiple poses tested in photos taken, I'm confident in going with two thumbs up.

Well there you go. I've had to make an order of mdf bases at one point, more foam trays to store all this and I've run out of tufts. (Are all these taken into account for the economic value? ;-) )

The Space Marine sits behind me now and looms over me in Zoom meetings for work.

If you want to see more of my painting throughout the year, I go by PlayingwithLead on facebook or on the blog at https://playingwithlead.blogspot.com

Otherwise, see you next year.

29 comments:

  1. You did fabulously well for a rookie, Peter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. I've set myself a high bar for next year now!

      Delete
  2. Well done Peter, see you next winter. I shall be following your blog! Loved the Balrog, even if it has wings ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. I shall be strutting around like a veteran next year. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Another strong rookie season, well done Peter! I'm not good at following blogs anymore, but I'll follow you Instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what's it's all about Peter. Getting figures painted and projects started or finished. The Challenge is such a great motivation. Well done Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive first outing and what a productive challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peter - you win best post for a wrap up photo - also, great minis and impressive output.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was one of three attempts, the cheesiest of the lot.

      Delete
  8. A fantastic showing for your first year out! It must bring a great sense of accomplishment to look at the lead pile and see how much it dwindled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Still plenty to go. Plus I there are a couple of wargame shows between now and next year!

      Delete
  9. That's a fantastic haul of figures, very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. Thanks Lee. Now I just need to corral my wargaming buddies together for an excuse to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Butterfly or not it was great fun to follow your painting adventures Peter, cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander. I think I embrace the butterfly. Keeps it fresh!

      Delete
  12. You had a wonderful opening year, Peter! Well done. I always have a bit of pride when I hear that someone stormed ahead in their hobby goals over the season. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. It's all been inspired by your hard work.

      Delete
  13. Hi Peter:
    You absolutely crushed it. I really enjoyed your entries and look forward to seeing your work in future Challenges. Love your photo.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous results Peter, loved your Zulu collection

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete