Thursday 24 March 2022

PeteF Wrap Up

The Painting Challenge is the highlight of my hobby year. A big THANK YOU to Curt, Sarah, the minions and all the participants - especially those who comment/encourage on everyone's posts. I'm not a particularly prolific commenter but appreciate reading the advice and motivation that people give.

This time round I had less time for brush twirling than in previous challenges - new job, new puppy, more chores on the list and with the gradual relaxation of COVID restrictions I found more time for actual gaming with my toys. 

Having started with the best of intentions - to squirrel prolificly, to visit every planet and to knock my 1,000 point target out of the park - I got bogged down. Sadly, my order of Blake's Seven minis - many of which would have been a good fit for planet challenges - placed and post marked around 24 December, was not delivered until 14 March. 

Nevertheless - plenty of items were transferred from the Shelf of Shame to the Shelf of Self Esteem and new things were learned. I'm better at clear bases, finished a Stargrave crew, completed a SAGA warband, started 2 new projects (Judge Dredd & Battletech), improved my drybrushing and added to the Quatres Bras project.

Because I'm as bloody minded as a certain Black Knight, I'll visit the remaining planets in my own time and maybe post on my blog - when I get to Noel's Comet I'll put a link on the Facebook page as I'd like to honour our fellow challenger with long story of some kind.

That's it until next time - enjoy the intervening seasons but, as Ned Stark would say Winter is Coming!





17 comments:

  1. A great Challenge Pete! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Pete, quite right on the points target and several squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Pete - you should get 2000 extra bonus points for those Minifigs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Pete -- really characterful pieces and lots of variety

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Shelf of Self Esteem, brilliant, I may want to hold on to that one. Yours has been pretty well-filled this Challenge, well done Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Monty Python inspired figures tickled my funny bone. I quite like the Shelf of Self Eateem… I must remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Pete, I really enjoyed minoring your posts. And of course those 25mm Minifigs pull and my heartstrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the minioning Peter - I'll be adding to the Minifigs collection this year as I charge towards the Quatres Bras finish line and get all my dad's stuff on new bases. See you for Challenge XIII!

      Delete
  8. Well done, another smashing challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done Sir. Great to see your work in the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grand work Pete, cheers Sander!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic work Pete. While I always love seeing it move forward, I must say I really liked your adventuring past the MiniFig Napoleonic project. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pete:
    As one not so prolific painter to another, here's to us artisanal, craft painters who resist the siren call of mega points and paint bombs. Let us toil away at our craft and enjoy our mid to low pack ratings. Well done, liked your work very much, especially the black knight, so funny.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'Tis but a flesh wound'! Great work Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous results Pete, see you next year!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete