Thursday 5 January 2023

From GeoffreyT: "I'm Batman" (Superheroes)(25 points)

No, I'm not batman, and neither is this miniature I sculpted.  He is a cosplaying super-fan.

He knows the skin tight lycra doesn't flatter his physique, but he wont let any nefarious body-shamer ruin his hobby. 


He is in his natural element here, the base is painted as a burgundy carpet of a convention centre hall.


His outfit is in the traditional batman colours because he is a bat-traditionalist, but he still plans to work on the outfit and add the logo and belt, but the billowing bat-cape is really what nails the outfit for him.

Points:

I arrived here from the adjacent retro studio with my blue security pass complete.

As I don't pursue the superhero genre at all, I did not have anything for this studio.  So when I saw the list of studio tasks, I decided to sculpt something for it.   The sculpt and paint work is very rough, but I'm quite pleased to have been able to choose a different subject matter and execute the concept as I intended.

1 x 28mm fig = 5 points

1 x bonus for Superhero Studio = 20 points

Geoff

TeemuL: He is a superhero, following one's dreams and walking on a convention hall in front of thousands of fans wearing a self-made lycra suit. The real Batman doesn't have superpowers, he is still a superhero, so this fan counts as a superhero, too. Paintjob might be rough, but I guess it is just the high contrast lightning and all the flashlights in the hall.

15 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! He's a superheroe but of the real type Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Batman cosplayer? that's pure brilliance, Geoff! :)

    I think the scoring has been a little unfair - you should get some extra points for having sculpted the figure yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The sculpting is fun. Quite enjoying the freedom of expression it is giving me.

      Delete
  3. haha! Hilarious stuff. Fabulous sculpt, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s hilarious! Great take on the theme, excellent sculpting and painting. Top marks across the board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very entertaining. Great stuff. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's brilliant- The ability to sculpt shows real talent I reckon

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super superhero - it's about time they came with more realistic bodies, with which real men can identify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes for sure. a gamers physique GT

      Delete
  8. Not all heroes wear capes, but this one does!

    ReplyDelete