Friday 15 January 2021

From TeemuL: Terrify me, The Pit of the Pendulum (30 points)

"Uggla" continues towards the principal's office, he thinks when he hears something coming from the tunnel. Something big. Something many. After the previous dagger incident he starts to feel a bit nervous and checks that his badge is visible and moves closer to the wall. In the end the something is actually someone with many legs, she speeds past our brave Shellington, who has never seen this big a spider. "Tasty hobbitses" can be heard again from the direction where the spider queen runs. Shellington scratches his head and wipes away a tear of sweat and decides to continue his journey without worrying too much about the pest management of his university.

That was something terrifying, wasn't it? Huge spider queen running past you when you least expected it. Yes, S.N. Owl-Ord continues his walk in the Chambers and passes by Shelob, who is going to eat some tasty hobbitses (she thinks). She is a metal miniature from the Clutches of Shelob box by Games Workshop, sculpted by Trish Morrison, if I'm not mistaken.

On the post regarding Valhallans, I said don't use Black Templar Contrast to paint black and here I did exactly that! I painted the whole thing black, then gave it a light drybrush with medium grey. Then using Druchii Violet I painted the whole thing again, making the grey areas quite violet and black areas with a tone of violet, just to make her look more sinister and terrifying. I could have painted some eyes, fangs and whatever, but I like it how is now. Very happy. Assembling was a bit pain, but using superglue and greenstuff makes wonders and the legs are now firmly in the place. In short, super glue on the other part and a ball of green stuff on the other part and stick together. Green stuff keeps the parts together until the glue hardens the stuff and makes the bond strong. Hobby hint, please use and make it better.

Pointswise I would ask for 10 points for the cavalry sized miniature. She is not cavalry, but the size is pretty much correct. And then 20 points for the room. Total 30 points, my friend minion.

10 points to my GW side duel (total 147).

This one is a named character, clearly a she, so I'm labeling her as Sarah's Choice as well, this isn't a random werebear or anything.

24 comments:

  1. Nasty and nice at the same time. A DM's delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice, I was a bit worried about this being a metal model, but it assembled nicely and looks nice. It is not varnished yet, so it might get a bit more shiny and wet looking.

      Delete
  2. Great looking scarry monster!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, the bit of purple gives her a nice look.

      Delete
  3. She’s a monster! Well done Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, she really is a big one, that is 50mm base.

      Delete
  4. Thats one beast of a model, the thing of nightmares
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have painted her for various rooms in this challenge, great beast.

      Delete
  5. oh you've succeeded in terryfying me qlright, what a creepy monster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mission accomplished and challenge fullfilled. 😁

      Delete
  6. Great stuff Teemu, suitably terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't look very special in the box, but looks great now finished.

      Delete
  7. Now, that's indeed a rather terrifying beast Teemu. Wouldn't want to meet it in the dark. Very nicely painted as well I must add. The different glazes you used definitely make for a visually interesting finish. With the powers bestowed on me by our esteemed Snowlord I'll add a bonus point for achieving such an interesting effect. And also due to the powers mentioned before I'll deduct a point for not including the chamber location in the post title... and the text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sometimes the most important and obvious things are forgotten. I made a quick uodate to the title.

      Delete
  8. Fantastic looking Shelob. She looks quite terrifying indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate spiders....... and that looks real

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess size does matter, miniature version of giant spider is bigger than average normal spider. So much details can then be added that she looks larger than life.

      Delete
  10. That miniature always worries me, being heavy with these spindly points of attachment! Looks great, though!

    ReplyDelete