Wednesday 11 January 2023

From MikeF - Gamma Wolves - Bolschev Arcology - 28mm - (120 Points)

 My second entry is another faction for Gamma Wolves. This group is from an Arcology called Bolschev and is made up of the remnants of Eastern Europe and Asia. That's a pretty wide range, but it's obviously meant to depict the old Soviet Union and satellite states. This Arcology borrows from the usual stereotypes of Eastern Europe using more rugged and less sophisticated machinery. These models reflect this well and I added lots of weathering and rust. I was originally going to add red stars as insignia, but didn't feel right doing that. Instead, I added what I think are British Army insignia. As coincidence would have it, the main insignia I used has the same colors as the Polish flag!  I managed to make 6 units consisting of 1 heavy, 3 medium and 2 light walkers. I added two 28mm figures for scale purposes.

2 Medium



2 Light, 1 Medium



1 Heavy


Last post I mentioned one batch of models I ordered that arrived despite international sanctions. I ordered these models in early January 2022 from Souldark Miniatures based in Russia. It doesn't really sell miniatures, as their products are more like toys for action figures. However, their toys made decent mechs for super cheap. In hindsight, my timing was laughably bad. One of those "what were you thinking?" moments. I assumed the order would never be sent and I didn't even bother reaching out to the company or asking for a refund (can't imagine what the response would have been). To my surprise, sometime in March, a package showed up at the post office. About half the order was not as advertised and were of no use (a much smaller scale despite being the same price as the larger models). The other half was the right size, but needed lots of work to make serviceable. Oh well, at least they were cheap!


6 x 28mm vehicle for 110 points. I knocked 5 points off for each light walker.

Thanks for visiting.


Minion Miles: A vehicle is a vehicle - I scored them at 20 points each.  Rules is Rules and these are very nicely done.  That's 120 points for you Sir!

14 comments:

  1. These look great Mike! I really like the groundwork on the bases too - so evocative of the post-apoc setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking badass mate. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice evil looking robot thingies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great war machines, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking 'bolshie' mechs. You're lucky they showed up at all and weren't sent to the Ukrainian front as reinforcements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking mechs, brings back memories of battle tech days

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good looking mechs, with painted windows and all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic painting omn the rusty mechs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking walkers, nice weathering!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. These mechs are awesome. Great colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mechs look great and the ground works really makes them appear as top notch models.

    ReplyDelete