Friday 10 March 2023

From DavidB: Space Mongols and First Responders (220 points)


Unfortunately, Spring is on the way...still snowing here, but getting closer to the end of this season of AHPC. I am still working with my airbrush and having just as much fun with it, but also aggravation! I think my painting days are half painting and half cleaning the airbrush! Thankfully my wet pallet has enabled me( sometimes too much) to keep my desk full of miniatures needing paint. Without a separate desk for airbrushing, this means I often have to purge the desk of miniatures by finishing them. If I shuffle them to the side, I know they may linger a long time in obscurity.

Cyberpunk got a new video game and Monster Fight Club has teamed up with Project Red for a miniature skirmish game. I bought several packs at last year's Adepticon for some Scifi first responders. The police force is destined for 5150 New Hope City. The PD will be NPC or PCs or even find themselves in the crossfire of MERCs in MERCs. These are actual police not corporate, so in the Cyber Punk game they are just as much corporate victims as the citizens of the city.

It took awhile to get the police text on the body armor, I finally succeeded with a careful black drybrush. The bases are asphalt molded putty and weathered heavily. 

A detective and his Cane Corso cyber dog. He is modeled after the American actor Bernie Hutchinson, and a very good likeness.( the cop from The Crow)

Both the canines may get police lights on their shoulders, but I kinda like them better as they are now.

The miniatures are default in three packs so I got three packs of trauma teams. 

An android with a rifle and lights for immediate threat removal. All trauma team members are clearly marked as medical, but the mega city is dangerous with corporate hit teams, edge runners and gangs. All medical personnel are armed for defense.

The VTOL pilots. One male and one female. 

A male and female overwatch team. Ex soldiers or PD they are immediate support for the docs and heavily armed. I am sure both are CLS( combat lifesaver) certified.

Out of nine miniatures I have two EMTs. Again one female and one male. Also two patients one whose health insurance is good while the poor miss in purple is awaiting approval of credit for treatment.

I really like these miniatures a lot especially the trauma team and all the pouches and equipment modeled on them. They could even be used in a homegrown skirmish with players rescuing crossfire victims in 5150. I think they are also good medical personnel for Stargrave....but really there isn't many scifi med teams out there. 

Continuing in the red and white theme, More white scars in the form of  Incursors. Phobos armored scouts for the white scars with added insignia from Pop Goes the Monkey and GW White Scar assessory sprues.



The Sgt is using the intersessor arm with two skulls. I have included that arm a few times in the army, but this one was cut down and combined with a shouldered bolter arm. It does seem that the Sgt is going to taunt the enemy with them or pitch them into enemy territory for the squad to retrieve. They get modifiers to hit with the optics and may be split into five man squads, hence two haywire mines for enemy armor.

A five man Intersessor squad the Sgt has a white scar head and power sword.


Another five man squad with a chainsword equipped Sgt.


The squad as a full 10 man squad and this time the Sgt has a powerfist. The marine behind him with raised bolter is the test model from last year.

I had a few extra intersessor bodies while building the White Scars and opted to build three variants of Sgt load-outs depending on how I wanted to field the squad/s.

Although all my White Scars are Primaris Marines, I am building them with the rule of cool so original marines have a place too...like these Vanguard Veterans. Jump pack assault infantry is a hallmark of white scars as much as bikers. 

These veterans are the first wave of the jump infantry with regular assault marines to follow.

Of all the White Scars, I enjoyed painting each of these veterans the most as they are packed with gaudy decorations. I did make sure to squirrel away some white scar markings on each one besides the iconography they already had molded on.

 That is all for this week as I clear my desk again. 


18 cyberpunk first responders-(actually 19 but 2 are prone)- 90 points
10 Incursors- for 50 points and 32 skulls
11 Intersessors- for 55 points and 28 skulls
5 Vanguard Veterans- for 25 points and 34 skulls

220 points and 94 skulls
New skull tally of 600 clean skulls


Friday Minion: Oh David I'm in awe of how you keep up this tempo and get a great finish on so many models. Don't you have to go to work or sleep? Wonderful collection of minis, the white scars are ace, those trauma teams are superb models beautifully painted and those Police SWAT teams came out brilliantly. 

The Crow, what a 90s throwback movie. 

220 points for your tally, which I believe pushes you over your target with a week to spare. And barely needing to use the Studio bonuses, congratulations!



 

12 comments:

  1. What a great variety again, David. I like the man and his dog! And I share your feelings about the airbrush, I too spend an inordinate amount of time on cleaning it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have added a further two cleanings. I just got a tip on keeping the brushes wet in distilled water...now I need to check on my wife's Tupperware! 😅

      Delete
  2. Lovely work here. I concur to the rule of cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter! If I lose, it is because the dice are terrible, not that the troops lacked style! ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter! The cyberhounds were the best part of the cyberpunk purchase besides the docs

      Delete
  4. Dave, you are a machine! I love all the work on the White Scars, especially those Assault Marines. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Curt! I'm glad they are popular to view as 30k has plastic jet bikes and I just happen to have all this white paint..... 😀

      Delete
  5. Great work on your white scars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always wanted a white scar army and thanks to technology I can paint them unchaulky...I may even paint an Austrian Napoleonic force...maybe. ;)

      Delete