Friday 17 March 2023

From LeeHv: More 80s BAOR Tanks (40 Points)

I finally managed to get something else done. I don't think I am going to get anywhere near my target lol.

I am learning a lot still from putting paint on these tanks, especially about how I can make it easier to find some time to do it! I'll take solace from knowing that if I hadn't joined in this challenge, I probably wouldn't have painted any at all. So there is that!

These are all Battlefront miniatures, at 15mm scale.

So I have managed to get the Scorpion unit commander finished.




Also a Chieftain Squadron commander.




As well as a 3 vehicle Chieftain troop.





And here is a gratuitous view of the Chieftains rear. Ooh err! They're so dirty! 
(That will be the Stirland Mud)




So, for scoring, that is:

5x 15mm vehicles = 40 Points.

Only another 452 points to go lol


Friday Minion: Hi LeeHv, long time no see! :-) 

Sorry you haven't had a hugely productive winter, but everything is progress, and these are some top quality armoured support for your 80s cold war gone hot gaming. The camo patter, decals and weathering all come together perfectly. Maybe you have time to squeeze in one of two more..? 

14 comments:

  1. Good job getting these done during the Challenge, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great work Lee and the decals and weathering really make them come alive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tanks, Lee! :)

    @ Phil - shouldn't he have got 2 points for the two commander figures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on those , must get mine done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking cold war BOAR armour!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Progress is progress, Lee and this British armour is excellent. Always liked the lines of the Chieftain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Lee. Progress is progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these tanks! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, Lee! The Chieftain is a great looking tank, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely job . I keep resisting Brits for my collection- you are nit helping

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice work, Lee! I like the weathering and how each of the chieftains are distinct in wear and tear. Good job!

    ReplyDelete